320 Tubular Arms

thor

Those of you with 320's. If you could buy tubular control arms to replace the king pin with a hardbody spindle (drop or stock) would you be interested? I'm shipping my stock setup to McClarys Metalwoks in Alabama to get tubulars made. Now I'm doing mine to lay out so mine would be different but since he'll have the stock ones he might be able to make a bolt in replacement for the rest of you.

If there's interest let me know and I'll run it by him

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cando doesnt make them for the 320. Which did you use?

320/520/521 LCAs are basicly all the same size, there are some seal differances, and small changes like the LCA bolt that holds them on, but in general if you decide to use 521 LCAs on a 320, you just need the 521 LCA mount bolt, the LCA itself, and the 521 spindle assembly with the kingpins, as far as I know the upper arms are all the same.

So basicly what I was getting at is, if it will fit a 521 LCA bushing, it will fit a 320 LCA bushing, as they are the same.

There is a guy on Ratsun that sells "lower control arms", that are setup for balljoints, I don't recall what spindles he sets his arms up for, but the upper arms are also made for balljoints, if I were to guess, I would suspect you could use late 720 and early hardbody spindles, and that would also allow the use of the 720/hardbody drop spindles for sale on ebay.

If your deleteing the torsion bars, what are you going to use for the front springy part?