Brakes for $1000

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Troy Ermish Sells a Wilwood setup for $1550 the kit comes with vented front rotors 4 piston calipers and solid rear rotors and a 2 piston caliper also comes with brand new M/C and S.S. brakelines and all the hardware it is a BOLT ON set up and I have done the install on my Garage floor with basic tools in about a half a day. he will sell just the front for about $950-$1000

I think there was some talk somewhere on here about the use of Z-car brakes, but I don't know anything about Datsun cars, so I couldn't help you there. Search maybe? Just spend a couple days looking through all the threads and you should figure something out, or maybe someone can direct you to an appropriate thread.

As far as the "best" brake setup goes, there's a reason for companies like Brembo and Wilwood. If you've got a stock or even slightly modified engine, your brakes should hold up fine. If you've got a high-performance motor, or are planning on putting some major power through the drivetrain, then you may as well go right to the good stuff. No sense in spending money now if you're just going to redo it later. I don't know anything about Troy Ermish or the Wilwood setup, but judging by the power in 69FJ's wagon I'd say if it works for him, it'll work for you.