mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The adjustable slave has a nub on it for a return spring. And also (obviously) an adjustable rod.

If there is any interference to the frame, you could always run a banjo fitting or a 45 or 90 degree hose end. Looks like there is plenty of room though.

Ironically, the first time I ever realized that the trucks had a different slave cylinder was on my 320. I had a car slave on it and the hose hit the torsion bar. Instead of finding the right one, I drilled and tapped the end of the slave for the hose, and plugged the side with a welded up old hose end. It wasn't till years later that I realized I could have just installed a truck slave.

• Like 4
On 6/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

The adjustable slave has a nub on it for a return spring. And also (obviously) an adjustable rod.

If there is any interference to the frame, you could always run a banjo fitting or a 45 or 90 degree hose end. Looks like there is plenty of room though.

Ironically, the first time I ever realized that the trucks had a different slave cylinder was on my 320. I had a car slave on it and the hose hit the torsion bar. Instead of finding the right one, I drilled and tapped the end of the slave for the hose, and plugged the side with a welded up old hose end. It wasn't till years later that I realized I could have just installed a truck slave.

This one has a lot of throw, but there is a OS GiKen clutch set up so wish me luck.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

So what did he do? Looks like he cut the sides off the hood and fabbed his own? That's great, but super labor intensive. I bet he'll have ten hours into the hood alone.

This is what I call "blueprinting". Making the body the size and shape that the designers intended, but the factory could not achieve.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

So what did he do? Looks like he cut the sides off the hood and fabbed his own? That's great, but super labor intensive. I bet he'll have ten hours into the hood alone.

This is what I call "blueprinting". Making the body the size and shape that the designers intended, but the factory could not achieve.

Cut the whole front off, too

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

He has less time in it.

8 hours ago, thisismatt said:

Cut the whole front off, too

That was also done sides and front is all new 

6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Should have done half the amount on both sides to center the hood ornament.

You will never see a straighter truck period, and ill put money on that.

5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Old eyes. That means the gap was twice as big

The gapping was big.This guy is no run of the mill fabricator, this guy is on another level that's not really achievable. Not trying to make believers its the truth. The truck is terrible from the factory period. The body is even stretched on the dolly in a hogging manner to make the lines perfect and will be mounted on the frame the same way. He has about 6 hours if that in hood, Monday it should be done and then final full cab block sand again because he is crazy, then off to paint. The key here is subtle, if you can't see the lines, like they should be then its not worth talking about the factory would never spend the time to do it right.

• Like 5