mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

3 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

All of it but NOS pressure and boost. And what was I wrong about ?

"Bozo the L20B is a 6 bolt and L18/16 are 5 bolt."

Calling me a bozo because I said I had a 6 bolt flywheel for my truck.  No clue why you even felt the need to make that statement because no one was asking about a flywheel for an L16.  Maybe if you asked more questions you would be more informed.  

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 12/6/2020 at 9:53 AM, Charlie69 said:

Painter has had Gene's 521 for about a year.

true but this brutal az summer heat for 5 months we have had also has a portion of reason of why so long, plus his health, his kid getting into rollover accident and him helping with son's recovery, and he is only 1 man shop and i had to wait in line cuz he had other customers before me, but i am happy of the job he is doing and the  extra work / detail he is adding.  if the some of the reasons he could not control were not an issue i would have had my truck sooner plus me changing some things as well during the process had some reasons also. i plan on him working on my vw bug as well in the future

Edited by gene knight
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, Charlie69 said:

Painter has had Gene's 521 for about a year.

57 minutes ago, gene knight said:

true but this brutal az summer heat for 5 months we have had also has a portion of reason of why so long, plus his his health, his kid getting into rollover accident and him helping with son's recovery, and he is only 1 man shop and i had to wait in line cuz he had other customers before me, but i am happy of the job he is doing and the  extra work / detail he is adding.  if the some of the reasons he could not control were not an issue i would have had my truck sooner plus me changing some things as well during the process had some reasons also. i plan on him working on my vw bug as well in the future

Well, i'm in no rush as other planning is involved with this build, and second this truck is getting done right Im sure MAACO will do a wonderful job on my truck.  

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Well, i'm in no rush as other planning is involved with this build, and second this truck is getting done right Im sure MAACO will do a wonderful job on my truck.  

If you are lucky. MAACO paint jobs will last one month past their guarantee.

• Like 2
On 12/6/2020 at 11:20 AM, gene knight said:

true but this brutal az summer heat for 5 months we have had also has a portion of reason of why so long, plus his his health, his kid getting into rollover accident and him helping with son's recovery, and he is only 1 man shop and i had to wait in line cuz he had other customers before me, but i am happy of the job he is doing and the  extra work / detail he is adding.  if the some of the reasons he could not control were not an issue i would have had my truck sooner plus me changing some things as well during the process had some reasons also. i plan on him working on my vw bug as well in the future

I wish that some of my clients would have the understanding that you do. I run into the same issues here, being a one man show.

Hey Ray, I think you;re kidding, but I really hope you're not having Maaco spray your rig. Earl Scheib would be better.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I wish that some of my clients would have the understanding that you do. I run into the same issues here, being a one man show.

Hey Ray, I think you;re kidding, but I really hope you're not having Maaco spray your rig. Earl Scheib would be better.

my dad used to work for earl scheib back in late 60's/ early 70's and i choose earl scheib  over maaco,  i have had 2 different cars painted by both and never will i go back to maaco, shitty customer service, mismatched paint on my car, they said it was the lighting or angle of sun that gave it the illusion of shade difference of paint

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

2 hours ago, gene knight said:

my dad used to work for earl scheib back in late 60's/ early 70's and i choose earl scheib  over maaco,  i have had 2 different cars painted by both and never will i go back to maaco, shitty customer service, mismatched paint on my car, they said it was the lighting or angle of sun that gave it the illusion of shade difference of paint

C'mon guys i'm kidding. You have no idea the level my friend is on.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

With the quality of work you have had done on your truck in the past I am sure the paint and body work will be stellar.  I wish I could afford the level of quality workmanship that you have on your vehicles.

My truck will be a do it myself brush and roller paint job with a quality outdoor latex house paint!!!  LOL

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

C'mon guys i'm kidding. You have no idea the level my friend is on.

Is his name Scott Sutton? Looks like some of the cars he has built.

I didn't think you were really going to Maaco, but I wanted to be sure. Hell, we used to have our race cars sprayed at Maaco, because they were really cheap. Mostly the jobs were well done, but they did literally zero prep. We would have to bring it to them paint-ready.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I knew it wasn't a cheapo shop with the cars that have been in the background of your stories on Insta 😉 

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I didn't think you were really going to Maaco, but I wanted to be sure. Hell, we used to have our race cars sprayed at Maaco, because they were really cheap. Mostly the jobs were well done, but they did literally zero prep. We would have to bring it to them paint-ready.

I had my first car i fixed up with a Maaco paint job. Went from white to black and paid for the "ambassador' job. Wholelotta orange peel. 

2 years later someone broke the window out of that car out and I used duct tape to put a trash bag over the window to keep rain out until it was replaced. Took the tape off, and the Maaco paint. They didn't even bother to sand the clear on the OEM paintjob before single stage painting it. (Also lost the wing they were supposed to paint to match for over a month and then finally painted it, and stole all the car magazines out of my car and put them in their reception area - which I stole back) 🤷 lol   

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

His name is Tony Fabozzi.

• Like 2