• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

49804227177_91ee7b2b37_4k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Dont hate me. Bed hooks gone side fuel door gone and rear tail gate latches gone. also if you look good at front pieces now that he has the bed all even he is cutting and re grafting in to line up along the bottom again. Next is send bed out to blasters to be media blasted body worked and inside and out and all around painted. stay tuned. 

• Like 4

Everything looks super cool.

I'm sure you have this covered, but if that's aluminum fuel line, make sure wherever it touches the frame, wrap it with something so that it doesn't vibrate. Over time, the aluminum tubing can chafe and actually wear through just from vibration. It's so problematic that I refuse to use aluminum hard line. I'd also re-think having that hose running anywhere near the exhaust or driveshaft, but that's just me being overly cautious.

Way to think outside the box. It's a nice looking truck with some practical mods.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
57 minutes ago, BrothersGarage said:

Looks like you extended the front bed lines down the match the cab too. That gas door removal looks awesome too but man do I love the bed hooks on these little trucks.

With the tail gate latches gone, are you welding the bed into once piece or will that still fold down?

Oh no tail gate will still function, just a little old school smooth out. And if you look close the dark blue lines is what gets cut out. Now that the bed is sitting correctly on the frame to match the upper body lines he will cut and re graft to make straight. Back side will look factory as well. Gas filler like the Chevys is in the bed floor now. 

21 minutes ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Everything looks super cool.

I'm sure you have this covered, but if that's aluminum fuel line, make sure wherever it touches the frame, wrap it with something so that it doesn't vibrate. Over time, the aluminum tubing can chafe and actually wear through just from vibration. It's so problematic that I refuse to use aluminum hard line. I'd also re-think having that hose running anywhere near the exhaust or driveshaft, but that's just me being overly cautious.

Way to think outside the box. It's a nice looking truck with some practical mods.

Thanks for the compliments. Most of those lines you see are just dangling. The 2 black lines are the e brake cables that they are running now. And yes no lines by heat as that was the case before. All well thought out and moving forward to complete back half. I want to do the whole truck now, But money money moneyyyyyyyyy. lol

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, mrbigtanker said:

Oh no tail gate will still function, just a little old school smooth out. And if you look close the dark blue lines is what gets cut out. Now that the bed is sitting correctly on the frame to match the upper body lines he will cut and re graft to make straight. Back side will look factory as well. Gas filler like the Chevys is in the bed floor now. 

Thanks for the compliments. Most of those lines you see are just dangling. The 2 black lines are the e brake cables that they are running now. And yes no lines by heat as that was the case before. All well thought out and moving forward to complete back half. I want to do the whole truck now, But money money moneyyyyyyyyy. lol

Ok that makes sense, super smart, can't wait to see it completed. 

• Like 2

how did they remove bed hooks? are they just cut off and then capped off where they used to be ? i agree about the back skirts and bed corners should have been done from the factory