mrbigtanker

mrbigtankers 521

OS Giken? That couldn’t have been cheap. Do yourself a favor and look up the OS Giken TC24B1Z. Completely nuts.

• Like 2

Ray.... singlehandedly you raise the perceived 'average Datsun owner,' from rental subsidized housing.... to home ownership. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suppose he's also singlehandedly raising the resale value of our Datsuns. Keep going!

Edited by mainer311
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, mainer311 said:

OS Giken? That couldn’t have been cheap. Do yourself a favor and look up the OS Giken TC24B1Z. Completely nuts.

It goes for 1775.00, lets say I got a little deal on it. You know it is a overkill but I just want to do it right. I am having Currie enterprises build me a rear end. And I have a KA24DE Trans that should be fine after it gets massaged. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Ray.... singlehandedly you raise the perceived 'average Datsun owner,' from rental subsidized housing.... to home ownership. 👍

I do work a lot of hours and earn my money. notttttttt lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Alright my truck charging system seams to be fixed. I am so happy I could just shit.

• Like 2

We don't need every detail Ray, knowing it is fixed is enough. icon-lol.gif

Edited by wayno
  • Like 1

On 8/13/2019 at 6:52 PM, mrbigtanker said:

48532791661_fb241d5a4d_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48532791656_a8d776caab_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

I did it again, my over the top Hotrod currie enterprises rear end. 4.10 gears all done up in aluminum and fully polished, why, I don't know why. 

This fucker might be done tomorrow.

• Like 1

That's some hella-snazzy rear axle there, Bro.  You gonna throw some huge meats in the rear?  Looks like you'll gain some room for that..

Sheepyrace?  If I was a sheep around you, I'd be pretty nervous when you have those boots on...

• Like 2

I just narrowed a rear axle for a Sunbeam Alpine project. We used a Toyota AE86 axle and narrowed it 2.375" per side to fit big tires. Thought about a custom housing, but this car is a sleeper, except for the 20V 4AGE under the hood...

• Like 2

I would love to see pictures of that Alpine. I had one years ago. No 4AGE of course.

• Like 1

48563740826_d4d77a19fa_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48563740821_83e9ed0eea_b.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Then I took my baby on a longer drive same night to the IE meet. She did well, however I need to make a new Turbo oil feed line as this one is too close to turbo. Also she is running real hot, bottom radiator hose is leaking simple fix, and need to make a custom one off overflow catch can.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, NC85ST said:

I would love to see pictures of that Alpine. I had one years ago. No 4AGE of course.

I have some pics on my IG page (@mstoffregen), others are in a build thread I did so long ago, I can't even remember where I put it.

• Like 2

48596757966_f52bd8caf6_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48596758076_0f2c66068b_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48596896417_abb4f94af0_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

48596896292_30f54853fb_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Switching out to LED's. Looks better in my opinion, back tails are all LED's as well And a shot of the dash with lights on as well.

• Like 1

Ray, what size are your marchals?  I can only seem to find 5 and 7".  Are they a direct fit?