mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's alright. When I was removing my driveshaft on Sunday, one of the bolts holding the carrier bearing bracket snapped off. Luckily there was enough shank left to get the rest out. Seeing as the bolts go in from the top, no telling the fun I would have fixing that one otherwise. Then it took me 3 hours to change 2 of the u-joints.

• Like 3

Hood pins are for destruction derby cars and local track race cars that get hit all the time, they do not want the hood flying open if they hit/spin someone with the front of their car, or get hit in the front, they are ugly.

I personally have never broke a cable but have broke the "T" handle in the cab and I made a metal one to replace it, if I ever were to change the hood release cable out it would be for a release made out of metal rods/shafts like the Datsun 320 truck has.

• Like 2

How many 521 hoods have ever flipped up????? Never use hood pins they look like those fucks with things in their ears. 

portrait-of-young-female-punk-with-earlo

Simply put they have a poor self image and think this helps them. By extension this is true for the 521 (and any Datsun) they look great as they are. Hood pins serve no function, as the latch works just fine. Tell your truck you love her and like her just the way she is.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, datzenmike said:

How many 521 hoods have ever flipped up????? Never use hood pins they look like those fucks with things in their ears. 

portrait-of-young-female-punk-with-earlo

Simply put they have a poor self image and think this helps them. By extension this is true for the 521 (and any Datsun) they look great as they are. Hood pins serve no function, as the latch works just fine. Tell your truck you love her and like her just the way she is.

53 minutes ago, thisismatt said:

Why not some pins accessed through the grill instead? Do something original

I appreciate your guys concern, and I so agree but after what I just self inflicted i am going forward with it. And thought about that but not sure how. They are low and subtle which is why I went with them.

• Like 2