mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

31 minutes ago, wayno said:

I measured Nissan 720 leafs in my back yard, ask anyone on here with rear 720 leafs if the holes in the leafs are centered, they are not, now they may be centered on the D21 leafs, that I do not know, but they are not centered on the 720 leafs 2wd or 4wd, nor on the 620, 521, or the 520 leafs, measure your 521 leaf.

I just went out and measured 5 different leafs, the 521, the 620 mobile home, the 720 4wd, 720 2wd, and 720 cab/chassis leafs, they were all 22 inches from the center of the front eye to the center of the pin, 23.5 is not right for the 520/521/620/720, it may be correct for the D21(hardbody), I do not know what they use, although I have never heard of anyone using D21 leafs on their Datsuns except the guy that put his 521 cab on a D21 chassis.

It now sounds like they are trying to find something that will fit your truck, personally I want my rear wheels centered in my front and rear fender wells in my 720 chassis conversions, it looks goofy when they are not centered, and you do not want your nice truck looking goofy.

Wayno I so agree with you, I don't know though if 0.5" or less is going to be noticeably really. I am also looking into just getting some made. I can always send these back. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1/2" may be noticeable, visually speaking.

You could slot the perch and spring plate by 1/2" and then weld up the un-used portion of the slot (making a round hole). Doubtful you could simply re-drill it without hassle. The two holes would be so close together you'd probably break a drill bit or two.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

45819033045_e0d72b699d_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

39769659413_0fe9fffc4f_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

46734672041_78d90055d5_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Not a slam dunk that's for sure. But driver side is mounted. Will finish passenger side later. Get truck back on ground and I am sure I need to roll the fenders.I fuckin love though, looks way better in person. Cant wait for a full shot on the ground, stay tuned.

• Like 4
22 hours ago, thisismatt said:

I think the sidewalls are fine. Rubber bands look lame, unless you're trying to be a cholo?

I like a bit of sidewall too.

Truck looks really good. Kind of makes me want a 521. Anyone wan to buy a '57 Chevy truck? I could use that money to build a 521...

• Like 3