• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I don't see how you guys fit in them 521 trucks with bucket seats.

Arms and legs like Mr Tankers it is no problem!!!  Only thing is he has to roll down both windows to close the doors, he needs room for his arms they do not fit in the cab with the windows up!!!  LOL

• Like 1

More room then a bench, I bolt it to the floor to allow more room.

The lower the seat is, the less room there is to straighten your legs, that is what I care about, the higher the seat the more legroom, but you have less room for the rest of you(head specifically), I suppose there is the room between your legs and the steering wheel that can be an issue also, but I am not talking about that, I want to be able to straighten my legs and that is what I am talking about when I speak of legroom.

If I had issues with my legs and the steering wheel I would just buy and install a smaller steering wheel, you can also install a 720 tilt column, that makes a little more room as the wheel is slightly closer to the dash also as well as being able to tilt it up slightly more than the stock steering wheel, but that would mean modifying the 521 steering gear or doing what I did to my work truck(power steering).

• Like 3

The lower the seat is, the less room there is to straighten your legs, that is what I care about, the higher the seat the more legroom, but you have less room for the rest of you(head specifically), I suppose there is the room between your legs and the steering wheel that can be an issue also, but I am not talking about that, I want to be able to straighten my legs and that is what I am talking about when I speak of legroom.

If I had issues with my legs and the steering wheel I would just buy and install a smaller steering wheel, you can also install a 720 tilt column, that makes a little more room as the wheel is slightly closer to the dash also as well as being able to tilt it up slightly more than the stock steering wheel, but that would mean modifying the 521 steering gear or doing what I did to my work truck(power steering).

That doesn't matter when you're built like the kool-aid man
  • Like 2

That doesn't matter when you're built like the kool-aid man

I will cut and shorten the steering column and yeah what matt said.

• Like 1