mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Ive asked this before any some one thought of this long before me, but has anyone seen what glass would fit the 521 doors as a 1 piece like a 620. If not when time allows i am going to pursue this because vent windows suck balls and the rubbers are a pain in the ass and i could use more room to hand my little arm out. even the tall guys would like it also. 

I don't want your opinions just have you tried or just know of a glass from another car or truck that will work.

Thank you

• Like 2

I do not know, but you could have some cut since it's all flat.  The regulator would possibly give you trouble with the added forward weight.

good call on the regulator also i was thinking of making a new one or using one a little longer. I figures the felt around the door should be no problem and also getting a different window squeegee that will runt he length of the door also  should not be to hard.

• Like 1

getting a different window squeegee that will runt he length of the door also  should not be to hard.

You'll also need to make a new run channel for the front edge so the glass has something to ride in. 

I like the wing window, but that's because it's hot as balls here in the summertime...   :rofl:

In a 521, it would be very nice to have a longer window, though...   :thumbup:

You have about 5 weeks to figure it out. Get on it!

• Like 2

good call on the regulator also i was thinking of making a new one or using one a little longer. I figures the felt around the door should be no problem and also getting a different window squeegee that will runt he length of the door also  should not be to hard.

Ray I thought about this some time ago. I think that in order to give a better front guide to the window and have a smoother roll-up roll down, I would consider placing a triangle in front leading edge for a rear view die mirror. Look on a BMW 320 or something and you will see what I mean. If you did this, you would blunt the point of the window opening slightly, but gain a short vertical window guide that would likely make the window wind up easier without cocking and jamming.

No one want to see Ray cocking an jamming;) ...

• Like 2

IMG_3026_zpsc50c65ae.jpgIMG_3028_zpsbb9a748d.jpg

Getting the door reskinned. When I had the door grafted years ago with a  new bottom it seems that the truck suffered a little minor something. So the original owner had it fixed, when we grinded it it down there was some body filler and I left.But I am sick of looking at it so time to graft in a new door skin with 0 filler.

• Like 3