mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_2714_zpsaa8cff54.jpgIMG_2713_zps05594c24.jpg

So I thought I would share this with you guys, my buddy Ron who I sold this 69 to, sent the truck to TJ, Mexico to get painted. Now I will say it came out way better then a lot of 4500-5500.00 jobs i seen here or around. Its not done yet, got to do some cleaning and repolishing of the wheels and so forth but night and day difference even when the first guy built it. I will post more up as it progresses .

• Like 1

IMG_2714_zpsaa8cff54.jpgIMG_2713_zps05594c24.jpg

So I thought I would share this with you guys, my buddy Ron who I sold this 69 to, sent the truck to TJ, Mexico to get painted. Now I will say it came out way better then a lot of 4500-5500.00 jobs i seen here or around. Its not done yet, got to do some cleaning and repolishing of the wheels and so forth but night and day difference even when the first guy built it. I will post more up as it progresses .

I got a quote for about 800 for a legit paint job in tj, they do awesome work depending on where u go too, a good one is called el indio, alot of hot rod dudes get their cars painted in tj, however if u dont know the place or anyone u risk falling into lame work, a buddy of mine recently got a fat dent fixed on his rear bumper of a honda accord for $40, when done it looked nothing ever happened, a month later it started falling apart, turned out to be hardened/compacted newspapers to fill dent....well i guess u get what u pay for but a decent top notch paint job is for sure under 1k in tj, and the food is beyond anything you have ever had.......done

• Like 2

So he knows the guy and i know all about doing things in Mexico, But there are to manu horror stories also. I will stay here in the US and pay more and be happy with it. The paint came out pretty damm nice, but the truck lights all dont work now. The wheels were not tightened up when he went down there, they stole the battery from the truck and they left some things on the truck instead of just taking it off.And there is a few more things that went wrong, but my buddy was just happy to get the truck back and get out of there considering it was suppose to take 4-5 weeks and that was back in December of last year. Yea they had the truck longer then he had the truck.

• Like 2