mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

Are they going to make a torque plate? Or borrow one? I'm sure there's one out there somewhere. It would also be easy enough to have one water jetted and machined.

Having one made, tired of waiting if I new he was looking for one I would of got it along time ago. But its moving forward again. Waiting on parts from Japan and Aussie land also. 

Got a line on a bluebird coupe I might purchase also. stay tuned.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I could go for a Bluebird. Not really interested in owning another 510, but a coupe' would be great.

I bid on a rusted out Skyline last year, but it was a long shot. If I do own another Datsun, it's gotta be unique.

Good luck on the coupe'.

Thanks trying to work out the details now. Wish me luck. Its a 1800SSS in really nice condition coming from Japan. Barn find.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

What do you mean how ? they fit in between the factory control arms if thats what you mean. They are QA1 coilovers. I need to redo the mount though due to I need more stretch on the coilover itself.

I'm sure he's referring to the upper mount.  You have a pic of it.....

30700934077_876085c65b_b.jpg

• Like 4

The way you are talking makes me think that when you raise the top mount the truck will just lower the truck the amount you raised that top mount, it will not change anything except the height of the truck.

14 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

With the drop I have now it is compressed. need to raise top mount to retain drop but have rebound.

Do you have an adjustment that will raise the front of the truck back up once you have the raised top mount?

• Like 1
9 hours ago, mainer311 said:

So the shock is precompressed to get it to physically fit into where it is?

11 minutes ago, wayno said:

The way you are talking makes me think that when you raise the top mount the truck will just lower the truck the amount you raised that top mount, it will not change anything except the height of the truck.

Do you have an adjustment that will raise the front of the truck back up once you have the raised top mount?

I think I am saying it right, i need a taller coil over so i can get some rebound but have room to crank it down for the drop I have now. Im learning this stuff so i will fill in more once I know. 

• Like 1