mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

question, does any one have 720 4x4 leaf springs?  or does the Belltech drop leaf springs work. Mike has said the leafs are all 1200 mm long however it shows slightly bigger. Any help will do.  thanks 

LEAF SPRING

bt_5974_001_640_105.jpg
83-97 Nissan Pickup & Hardbody 3" Rear Drop
Part #: 5974 

Availability: Currently in stock, can ship within 24 hours.

MSRP: $170.13Your Price: $136.10

Qty:

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Price is most likely each.

I have 85 4x4 leafs on my 80 720 chassis under my 66 520.  I had to move the centering pin forward 2 /14" to center in my wheel well. 

I believe if you get 1983 or older leafs they should fit your 521 OK.  This will give you about 1.5" drop unless the 4x4 springs a flat like mine then you will get 2" of drop.

Take your truck to a spring place and have them make you what you want.  I was quoted $300 to make 2 new leafs per side 9Main and second leaf. and set the truck to the height I want. this included  new bushings.

• Like 1

I wonder if the measurement is longer because they flattened it out. Springs are often measured across the arc (from one end to the center pin and then from the center pin to the other end), but if they were de-acrhed stock springs, and they measure them across the flat, they would essentially be longer. A longer spring will affect the angle of the shackle, which may actually be a good thing. The more vertical the shackle is, the less cushy the ride.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I wonder if the measurement is longer because they flattened it out. Springs are often measured across the arc (from one end to the center pin and then from the center pin to the other end), but if they were de-acrhed stock springs, and they measure them across the flat, they would essentially be longer. A longer spring will affect the angle of the shackle, which may actually be a good thing. The more vertical the shackle is, the less cushy the ride.

So it will most likely work then. 

• Like 2

44711838675_a7e361f3cf_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

30684537777_fe2ee43e79_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

30684537797_4a429101a6_k.jpgUntitled by raymond medeiros, on Flickr

Getting the sounds going. All top quality stuff. Alpine components are not done yet. Trying t find a place to mount the tweeter clean.  That punch amp is small but 400 watts at 4 ohms I believe. So just door speakers and one woofer some where in the truck.

• Like 3

I'd give your electrician his walking papers...!

Seriously though, I love wiring, but it can be a pain to get them all bundled up nicely.

Summit Racing is also great for pre-made brake lines. I guess I am biased towards Summit. They ship same day, which means I usually get the parts next day. They offer free shipping over $100, and they don't charge tax.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

I'd give your electrician his walking papers...!

Seriously though, I love wiring, but it can be a pain to get them all bundled up nicely.

Summit Racing is also great for pre-made brake lines. I guess I am biased towards Summit. They ship same day, which means I usually get the parts next day. They offer free shipping over $100, and they don't charge tax.

That was me i had to pull all the wires and unclip and so forth to get the pink wire loom out to hook up the Boost solenoid to the AEM.

• Like 2