mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20 hours ago, mainer311 said:

The back face of that wheel looks pretty shallow. You're running a custom Klotz setup to 5 lug, aren't you? What calipers?

Also, nice socks, bro.

Leave the socks out of it.lol

No i am not running MKLOTZ, all being re drilled. Will do a whole new rear end some time in the near future. And it will be a 17x8 if anything. I believe a -15 is about all you can go with out the rice boy drift look. I dont want that.

• Like 2

I can see that the mounting shaft on the mirror is a stock unit.  What did you do to get the mirror body so nice?  Is it just a really nice OEM one that's been painted.  It's plastic, so it can't be powder coated.  Is the mirror glass just glued in?  Got a pic of the back side of the mirror body?   It came out really nice! Great work!

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, mklotz70 said:

I can see that the mounting shaft on the mirror is a stock unit.  What did you do to get the mirror body so nice?  Is it just a really nice OEM one that's been painted.  It's plastic, so it can't be powder coated.  Is the mirror glass just glued in?  Got a pic of the back side of the mirror body?   It came out really nice! Great work!

the shaft is a factory one that i powdered coated, and the mirror is a stock unit. plastic back in black. I have 2 of them.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, mklotz70 said:

They are an Everwing brand, nos, made in Japan. Not specifically for a 521 but exact same mounting cup/ball, black plastic. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, mainer311 said:

Got a link? When the sun hits my rearview, it loosens up and the glass flops around all over the place.

I got mine from Ebay, saw a NOS on the other day but looks to be gone now.  

35095427352_02bd2d7527.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks guys!  I googled Everwing brand mirrors and found an ebay listing for $159! Ouch!  Are they all that expensive?  Maybe I should start designing a replacement. LOL  The stalks always survive....just the mirror piece dies.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, mklotz70 said:

Thanks guys!  I googled Everwing brand mirrors and found an ebay listing for $159! Ouch!  Are they all that expensive?  Maybe I should start designing a replacement. LOL  The stalks always survive....just the mirror piece dies.

Yes you should Mike in your spare time!  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1