66' 520 build

datsunrides

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The intake is for a MG. It's probably not a Cannon but could be. There were no markings on it before I polished it. Carb is a 45 DCOE 13. I have not got it back on the road yet, but I got it rigged up so it can move under it's own power. Kinda surprised how responsive the carb is, being a 45 and all. I do have it choked down to 30mm though........

Mark

• Like 1

The flange is a direct bolt up. The front tube will probably hit the fuel pump, but maybe a smaller aftermarket will clear. I just went electric. Also, there is a bump out on the block that hits the collector. I did a combination of grinding the block and smacking a small flat in the collector. While the collector does not hit the torsion, it does take a little work with fitting to get around it. I have pics, just need to get them up. The Patriot header seems to be a decent quality for the money. Not like there are a whole lot of options out there.     :lol:

Mark

• Like 1

I love the exhaust mods.  I've hand-built quite a few SS exhausts over the years... and was wanting to make one for my monster J13, but was planning on sticking to the stock manifold (for now, at least).  Might you have the stock head pipe still in one piece?  I'd love to get hold of the first 6" or so of the head pipe so I can make a copy of it in SS.  Obviously I have one on my own truck, but it's my daily driver.  If you have it, and would be willing to send it to me, please PM me and we can discuss.

• Like 1

Looking foreword to engine pics. Wish I had the time todo my 520 so clean . I've owned mine since 1976 finally putting on road again. Beautiful project you have done thank for the pics

Engine pics on 2nd page B) Wish I had more time also. I've been at it for almost 2 years!

mga, mgb or mgc? I don't know much about the MG like if the engines were different in the different models so figured I'd ask

MGB. MGA was a smaller 4 cyl and MGC was 6 cyl.

• Like 1