66' 520 build

datsunrides

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost done. Got the bed mounted, taillights installed, and NOS rear slider installed. Still need to do the final block on the tailgate and fix the gas door (anyone got a 521 gas door I can use for the spring close hinge?). Working on getting some chrome wheels for it as these were on my 521 but the color does not do it for me on this truck. Should be ready for JCCS and Williams!

StTejr.jpg

0sD2RD.jpg

K1QYce.jpg

3OafAB.jpg

Mark

• Like 5

I considered the stock steelies, but since the truck is not 100% stock, I feel the chrome wheels would be more in line with the "modified" vibe.

-1 for that.  Given the often less-than-ideal wheel offsets available, I think stock steelies are the best choice, if for no other reason than to not have tires sticking out the fenders.  Whatever route you take, the truck looks superb.

• Like 1

No love for the chrome. :crying:  Where is tanker to back me up? :rofl:

While I don't *hate* steelies, I obviously don't care for them as much as some of you. I actually may have run them had the truck came with them, but for what some people wanted for a nice set of wheels and caps that didn't need to be refinished, I could have got 2 sets of these wheels/tires. All how the cards play out.

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...

Wow, how time flies. I have been enjoying this truck since it's completion. Been lucky enough to have won a few awards from some local shows and also a 1st place award when I took it to Williams back in 2014, but with a move coming up it's time to pass it on to the next owner. I have it up on Ebay now if anyone is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112815377255?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Tried Bring a Trailer but they wanted me to list at what I felt was an unreasonably low reserve.

• Like 3

Wow, how time flies. I have been enjoying this truck since it's completion. Been lucky enough to have won a few awards from some local shows and also a 1st place award when I took it to Williams back in 2014, but with a move coming up it's time to pass it on to the next owner. I have it up on Ebay now if anyone is interested. https://www.ebay.com/itm/112815377255?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Tried Bring a Trailer but they wanted me to list at what I felt was an unreasonably low reserve.

I have heard that about them, don't let them talk you into anything that makes you uncomfortable.

• Like 1

I saw it posted the other day. Am trying to figure out how I can park it in my garage and not be forced to sleep in it when my SO sees it. We already had a big "discussion" about this time last year when I brought this home...33801025340_4b5e9c9773_b.jpg

Is that based on an Ascot?

I have heard that about them, don't let them talk you into anything that makes you uncomfortable.

Yeah, that was not going to happen. They were pretty cool to deal with though. In the event it does not sell, I’ll just address the only shortcoming, IMO, the drivetrain. It’s no secret the J13 could use a few more pony’s and the non synchro 1st gear can be a pain at times. I’ll probably just pull and sell the original drivetrain and swap in something newer and fuel injected. Probably a nice compact setup like a 4AGE or CA18.
  • Like 1

I think it will be *officially* sold soon. Buyer is in Japan so there is a little problem there, but they seem to be legit. They sent the deposit shortly after the auction end. Has a friend in the states that will be handling the transportation. Everything goes well, maybe have payment next week. Could have been sooner but I'd rather deal with a cashiers check than a wire transfer. Just need to give out too much info to go that route.

• Like 2