sedition88

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Thanks guys. I changed out the stripes and redid the decals on the back window to all match the black and gold theme. When JNC came out with their new Aztec logo they said in the 60s and 70s in Japan that was The colour scheme to have on their race cars. I'll have to post up better oics of the truck at some point.

• 4 months later...

Any pics on the ammo can? I'have 4 of these and thinking about mounting them to the bed. These things are the best tool boxes. Watertight and strong.

as a rear bumper thing its the same in here - if the car didn't have one from factory, you don't have to have one. Look @ my cars bumper.

http://static1.album...549903_r2yM.jpg

http://static1.album...558211_fvxZ.jpg

We made it so that I can remove the bed and have all the lights still on the frame and protected from the dirt and gravel that may fly from the rear wheels. I'll be butting some mudflaps under the bed, but I think I'll make a custom flatbed next summer. Then its good to have some extra strength to the cars rear frame.

I've picked up my cans from a surplus store. There was a picture of the can up there. I'll fix it when I get home.. There was a bike mount in the bed at one point so holes where already drilled through the bed. I drilled two holes in the can to use the pre-exsisting holes, and bolted it up so the washers and nuts where inside the can so no one could crawl under the truck to undo it.

I like your straigth to the point mounting of the box.

In Estonia a civilian can't have any military equipment, including ammo boxes. But if its not with military markings then its just a metal box. So I had to improvise on my toolbox a little.

http://t2.gstatic.co...VGhDEwJB54_kCM0

I have painted all the datsun's boxes black.

As a mounting I think I'll be making a shelf kind of thing to lock things in, but when needed I can take these things out.

Is your spear wheel still in the stock position?

thats sooo cool!!!! so do the tires rub at all when you hit a bump or something hard cause i love dat fitment!!! i wanna have my 620 kc sit like that!

Must have over looked this, sorry. I rolled the fenders just enough to where they don't hit the tires. However, if I put any weight in the back they do hit. I had a set of 14 in. wheels/tires and a 15 inch set and they cut alittle bit. Even with one set it didn't like it. So before I put anymore weight in the back I'll need to roll the fenders alittle bit more

Must have over looked this, sorry. I rolled the fenders just enough to where they don't hit the tires. However, if I put any weight in the back they do hit. I had a set of 14 in. wheels/tires and a 15 inch set and they cut alittle bit. Even with one set it didn't like it. So before I put anymore weight in the back I'll need to roll the fenders alittle bit more

okay I see. Well I usually put light stuff like bikes or trikes in the back of my Datsun. So if I was to do mine up like yours I shouldn't need to roll the fenders to much.. and how did you roll your fenders? I've seen a certain style of it dun before I was just wondering how you did yours..

Yeah I was about 100 miles into it and my truck was already sitting on H, so I desided to turn back. When I got home the truck was rattling like something was coming apart, and when I shut it off it wouldn't restart. Next year I think I'm going to leave in the middle of the night when it's cooler out, and probably find me an electric fan instead of running the stock one. Tired of it getting hot when I drive it in the summer

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So finally got around to messing with my truck. Swapped the starter for a new one, got it fired up, and drove it around saturday and sunday. My clutch is slipping under hard excel like going up on the freeway, so it looks like a clutch is next on the list. Also bullshitted with a 720 owner that lives in my complex.