• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2018 at 7:22 AM, sedition88 said:

Before and after

27867459_1751366658256438_43271139677016

I know I'm late to the party here but this radiator and tuck looks GREAT! I just purchased the exact same radiator to use on my ka24 swap. I plan on doing a similar tuck.... but it probably won't be as clean as yours. If I was in your area I'd drive down and have him do the same for me, it looks minty fresh! Even the hood rod curved to perfection. I love it. 

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...

So the truck got put on the back burner over the winter, but I've tried to do little things myself here and there. Couple things I messed with and got set in today was my box that I'll have the compressors and air tank in. Got nut serts in for easy removal of the tank/compressors, and holes drilled to mount box to bed as well as where the air lines will go out. Also put down some sound/heat deadener, got 620 seat rails to fit on the Shelby seats and set them in. Set the center console sitting in there to make sure it'll fit right. Getting close to driving this thing. Plan is to drive to Salem OR towards the end of July. 

20190528-145928.jpg

20190528-145943.jpg

Edited by sedition88
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2018 at 7:22 AM, sedition88 said:

Before and after

27867459_1751366658256438_43271139677016

Do you have pictures of how the radiator was cut into the core support to produce this kind of look? Pictures of the process of cutting the core support, the panel in front, and how you rolled the sheet metal are what I am interested in. I very well might have to do this same thing to put a larger radiator into my 1973 620.  I have modified the core support some already, but may have to do similar and want the modification to look real good like yours does.

Don

Edited by 620slodat
  • Like 2

I actually don't have any pictures cause I didn't do the work. I can ask how the rolled lip was done around the radiator cap. I do know only the bare minimum was cut to sink it in and the up/down support in the center was not removed either.

• Like 1

Although you didn't have the information I was hoping for, I thank you for the reply and doing what you could. If you can get some information from the correct parties it would be very much appreciated. If they are not able to for whatever reason, thanks for trying.

Don

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

We are finally within a day of driving this bitch! Got my battery set up in the back of the truck, tank and compressors set, wired, and plumbed, and my gauge panel wired and set. Have one bulk head fitting that's leaking to replace and the final touches on the custom fuel tank that should be finished up tonight/tomorrow. Super bloody excited!

20190722-183244.jpg

20190722-183219.jpg

20190722-183316.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

Seeing that it's been 3 months since the last update shit didn't happen as planned. Had to replace the brake master twice, then found my tail lights didn't work, can't find the reason it runs rich so far, and it just randomly quite wanting to start. Pulled it into the shop to go over a few items, change the oil and injectors. Go to pull it back out and it just cranks/no start. Gets fuel but no spark. Seems to not be getting any power to the coil. Eliminated everything simple so we have to dig through the wiring and see what the hell happened.

If your running real rich that could be the reason for the recent no start.... unless you in fact have no power at the coil....

Mine did that till I corrected the fuel pump psi and then the jetting.... but for me fuel pressure was the big thing.....

Try fresh plugs..... 

Also you could bypass the ignition and temporarily put power to the coil from the battery and see if it starts.... this would tell you if the wiring or the coil was bad....

• Like 1

Found my issue. There's that grey wire shielding that we cut into to slice another wire and just a couple strands of it was touching the wire causing the damn thing to not start... Pulled the strands out of the way, used liquid electrical tape to cover the bare wires, and wrapped that. Still runs rough/rich. Unplug the new maf and it smooths out. Will have to do more tests on some sensors. And I still got to mess with the brakes some more. Think I'm getting air in somewhere.