Blanco the Winter Wagon

carterb

Well, it was time to give blanco a little love tonight.

I stripped the dash down to the frame

blanco_stripped_dash_05082013.JPG

Then I grabbed some parts from the garage.  A nice dash pad, some better metal dash top pieces, and a glove box assembly with a working hinge (the old one was broken)

blanco_good_and_bad_05082013.JPG

Once it was all back together, I installed a column mount tack I had sitting in the garage as well.

blanco_new_dash_05082013.JPG

Then I lubed the parking brake T-handle assembly and the squeaky clutch pedal and door hinges, and finally installed the missing screw holding the gas pedal to the floor.  I think Blanco is much happier now don't you?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went to a 510 day barbeque last night and everyone was like "Hey, I heard Keanu is buying your wagon tomorrow"

Oh?  I knew he wanted to come look at it tonight but I din't know he was all set to go for it. 

His nice KA wagon was totaled when someone ran a red light and smacked him in the left rear 1/4 spinning him in circles. 

Well, he called this morning after finding out his work schedule had been shifted, came out, test drove, handed me cash, and drove away smiling.  Best of luck Keanu!  I hope Blanco treats you well.

Bye Bye Blanco...

say_goodby_to_blanco_05112013_1_.JPG

say_goodby_to_blanco_05112013_2_.JPG

say_goodby_to_blanco_05112013_3_.JPG

say_goodby_to_blanco_05112013_4_.JPG

:bye:

• 8 years later...

All these years later...  The current owner of Blanco got in touch with me.  He lives in Seattle.  I went down to meet him and see the car.  He had it painted and I bought the old roof rack from him.  Super nice guy - he and his dad used to race vintage cars, so he left the interior stripped after paint.  : )  Had the engine rebuilt too.  Still has some exterior bits to finish.  Anyone know of replacement clips for the trim below the cargo windows?

large.274495322_07142021blanco(4).JPG.4a

large.591468380_07142021blanco(1).JPG.32

large.1601512205_07142021blanco(2).JPG.a

large.800716237_07142021blanco(3).JPG.6c

large.727299821_07142021blanco(5).JPG.bb

• Like 2

Here is a rusted clip on the back side of my spare wagon trim. I don't know if there is another piece, I agree with Draker - post a picture and I will look for it in my searches.

I am scouring ebay and other search compilers for some hard to find parts for my wagon and would be happy to look for clips if I knew what they looked like.

IMG_0881-1.thumb.jpg.db837ac7c88d76f5b18184a05244cd6e.jpg

Edited by rosso

Interestingly, I brought a couple pieces of trim with me when I picked up the roof rack.  They looked just like the picture Rosso posted - rusty clip and all.  But notice how the trim is two piece?  And the clip fits around the narrow portion - hidden by the wider trim?  His trim was only the wider part.  It didn't have the narrow portion underneath.  Was there a different trim and/or attachment method for '68/'69 vs '70+?