It's on, Got a swap for my 210!

Lonestar

S13 front cross member bolts in with little reaming of the holes. There is someone else on here doing the same swap. I'm on mobile right now and its difficult to search but he had issues with how wide it takes the front track.

And yes you could use the 240 sway bar but again the other guy had to redrill the lca mounts to narrow the track. That's going to mess with the mounting points for the end links.

I have S13 front lca, spindles,and struts on my B210. The B sway bar mounts up perfect but isn't much bigger than my trunk springs...

I'm going the same route you are sans SR. I want rack&pinion and IRS. Good thing I'm watching you guys try it first. Lol!!

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

S13 front cross member bolts in with little reaming of the holes. There is someone else on here doing the same swap. I'm on mobile right now and its difficult to search but he had issues with how wide it takes the front track.

Please find. I'm interested.

I want to see a 210 with 240sx front & rear subframe installed.... I'm thinking that this would be a great solution for my 210ZX project. (I'm having a hell of a time finding an H190 rear end)

BTW,.. if 240sx crossmember & front suspension are installed correctly,... then I assume that means you can use KA24E or KA24DE from 240sx without having to source KA from D21 Nissan truck (front sump vs. rear sump).

... or am I way off....

BTW,.. if 240sx crossmember & front suspension are installed correctly,... then I assume that means you can use KA24E or KA24DE from 240sx without having to source KA from D21 Nissan truck (front sump vs. rear sump).

Yes. With an S13 crossmember, any S13 engine will bolt right in.

Yes. With an S13 crossmember, any S13 engine will bolt right in.

Or in my case, the SR20 I have. You can get your stock cross member modded to fit a KA or SR from Maddat. They charge like 800 and up but it's a package deal and you have to send them your cross member.

SR20 is an S13 engine, unless you mean FWD SR20s.

The Maddat crossmember is just modded for L/Z/KA/SR style mounts. Possibly fine-tuned for perfect height, but it's not anything magic.

Yes SR and KA mounts the same.. all the 240 owners drop them in no Fab required.. why spend 800+ on a xmember from maddat? Buy a welder and grinder n do it yrr self!

Nice! Thanks for posting that Kisor. Still need to see how the S13 member will bolt up to my 210. I'm not sure but I think my 210 is just a hare wider than the B-210, maybe not. Even so I may have the member shorten just a little. I'm planning on running flares and would love to have my wheels almost flush to them.

Yes, 210 is wider than B210 by a lot (45 mm) almost 2 inches wider. The track is over 2 inches wider. One reason the 210 handles so much better.

O'rely now?! Well then, I may not have to shorten anything up on it then.

Here is my $0.02, if you are going S13 crossmember and other stuff, go ahead and do the whole thing up front. Looks like your 210 being wider and you running flares is going to help in fitment of the wider suspension. I am running S13 struts, spindles, and LCA's on the front of my B and am very happy with it.

You should be able to go with rack and pinion, better brakes, availability of bolt on upgrades like Q45 or Z32 brakes lots of coil over options etc... etc...May have to do something custom with tension rods but from the looks of mine, aftermarket solid S13 stuff can be made to fit without much hassle.

Note the S13 struts are going to be 6-8" shorter than the 210's were so it will lower the car considerably. My setup is running near the top of the stroke and I'm tucking 23.5" tall tires.

Oh yeah, I plan on it Kisor, I had already made up my mind with I got all this stuff from Datsunfreak. The only thing I'm wondering about now is what am I going to do about the steering shaft. Surely I'm going to mod or replace it cus I would like to use a rack steering setup.

question? why install the 240 sx rear suspension? are you planning to run circle track?

Errr...did you mean Drifting? No, I'm upgrading to the 240sx rear to better handle the SR20det blacktop I'm going to put into the car, that and it's easier to find than the F ing H190 rear.