It's on, Got a swap for my 210!

Lonestar

Your motor looks like it has a distributor. The Cam position sensor is a 360 wheel inside the distributor.

The sensor on the front of the head is the knock sensor, isn't it? You can run without it.

wrong wrong wrong and otherwise wrong, the sr20det has coil packs, the knock sensor is under the intake plenum and the cas is on the front drivers side of the head.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Cooch, it will be a mighty fine dish when I'm done. I'm in the DFW area Jaime and I have been keeping an eye on the CL. I thought I found some parts but the guy never sent me any pic's but I've had to put my project on hold for now till I get myself into a house. Once I do, I'll start stripping my 210 down to a bare shell with the start on the next year for a full ground up repaint and refresh

Lonestar, I am also in DFW area also,.... and I too am looking at doing either a KA swap or SR swap into my 210ZX... Let me know if you need some help...

-AW

sorry i should have been more clear, i meant for your A motor. was it a standard? im planning on swapping out my auto in my b210 and was curious if it was for sale

Ah! Nope, not yet at least, I really don't plan on selling the motor or trans as I'm eyeing Master's 82 210 shell he's got for sale

Why are you waiting on gaskets? Is something wrong with the engine?

When installing a used engine of unknown origin, it's a good idea to replace as many seals as you can. It would suck to get it in there and running only to find one (or more) fluid leaks. ;)

^^^^ Because of what John said right there! Really, I just don't feel right (nor am I that lucky) to just toss a setup in a car and run it without something going boom in my face. I did that once to a car I had only to have it throw a rod within a week, come to find out all the bearings had been spun before I got but the kicker is I could have saved the whole thing if I had done a little clean up and checking. So now I always check it out and cleaning it up a motor before I do anything with it, especially with this SR20DET!

Lonestar, I am also in DFW area also,.... and I too am looking at doing either a KA swap or SR swap into my 210ZX... Let me know if you need some help...

-AW

:thumbup: Cool man, if I do I'll give a yell. If you be needing help with yours, you can call on me or better yet John (Datsunfreak), the man is a Datsun guru in the DFW area!

Speaking of which, hey John, do you think it would be hard to put a 510 rear end setup under my 210? Been reading the your posts with the 1200 and your giving me ideas! :devil:

Ah! Nope, not yet at least, I really don't plan on selling the motor or trans as I'm eyeing Master's 82 210 shell he's got for sale

keep it in mind, im in no rush. i just figured id ask because dallas is about as close to me as i could hope for

keep it in mind, im in no rush. i just figured id ask because dallas is about as close to me as i could hope for

No kidding, ever time a deal pops up, it's on either side of the f'ing continent and we are smack dab in the middle!

hey John, do you think it would be hard to put a 510 rear end setup under my 210?

Yes. Yes, I do. :P

Honestly, unless you're wanting gangster negative camber (which you don't, with that much HP), there's almost zero gain to putting this in a 210. It's an upgrade for a 1200 because it has leaf springs. A well set-up 4-link live axle (what you could easily have) will be as good or better than IRS anywhere but a really bumpy road.

Now if you want to swap in a 240SX multi-link IRS, now we're talking... B)

Now if you want to swap in a 240SX multi-link IRS, now we're talking... B)

Oh yeah? What year model 240sx we talking here? If I could get an IRS under my 210, that would be epic!

Sure it can, it has already been done. Just have to shorten it, and create mount points on the chassis, then bolt it in and get the main driveshaft modified.

S14 suspension under B110. For B310 you won't have to narrow it quite as much.

6052_49d48d4540036.jpg

Oh hell yes! There is a complete 240sx stock rear end for sale near me! Question, will I be able to swap the hubs for the 4 bolt pattern or will I have to go with 5 bolt pattern?

Oh hell yes! There is a complete 240sx stock rear end for sale near me! Question, will I be able to swap the hubs for the 4 bolt pattern or will I have to go with 5 bolt pattern?

There are 4-lug S14s, so yes it can easily be converted to 4-lug. In fact, since most of the guys who own S13/S14 240SXs want the 5-lug swap chances are one of them would pay you to trade parts with them.

Also, I have a complete 1992 240SX rear suspension for cheap too. Same suspension, already 4-lug. ;)

There are 4-lug S14s, so yes it can easily be converted to 4-lug. In fact, since most of the guys who own S13/S14 240SXs want the 5-lug swap chances are one of them would pay you to trade parts with them.

Also, I have a complete 1992 240SX rear suspension for cheap too. Same suspension, already 4-lug. ;)

Dang John, it seems like you got every thing I want for my car, so when we gunna get togther and do some dealing? I know you want my JDM grill. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Hey all, checking in with some more goodie pic's. A big thank you to John (DatsunFreak) for letting me get my hands on this complete 240sx suspension, SR20 swap, just got more epic. Now for the oic's, enjoy!

Complete IRS out of a 92 240sx.

IMAG0605.jpg

IMAG0606.jpg

240sx engine cross member.

IMAG0607.jpg

Front coil overs and gas tank.

IMAG0608.jpg

Niceee!!!!!! So you plan on putting all around 240 suspension? ? And.IRS in the rear? Sweet man!!! That's got.me.horney lol jk but I wanna see this come together keep up the good work!

Yup, dat be da plan, hopefully the crossmember will be easy to get in. That should make putting the SR in a whole lot easier.

FYI, got to looking at the tank shape on that sedan. I think there's a slim chance you could put the whole S13 tank in the 210 with minimal fuss? Worth a look I think... :thumbup:

Really? Worth a shot, the deal on my new house is still in the works but once done, I may start my total tear down and build up, funfunfun.

Why not just cut the 210 x member Or take out the 210 xmember and put it next to the 240 n mock up? (;

Because I'm thinking it would be easier to mod the 240sx member to fit the 210 than completely hack up the 210 x member to work with the sr20 and 240sx front coil overs tho I could be wrong, anyone got any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them before I do this. Thanks all! :thumbup:

• Like 1

anyone got any thoughts on this, I'd love to hear them before I do this. Thanks all! :thumbup:

Side note, if you use all the 240SX bits, you can also use the 240SX sway bar (or any aftermarket S13 bar). Modifying the 210 crossmember will most likely mean a custom sway bar (or $280 MadDat sway bar).