72 1200 sedan! Either way, Hello!

baggyspandex

Hey guys! I'm Alex, I live in Seattle, and today I got a 'new' dastun! It was a coworkers, he sold me the 210 and got a new subaru cause he's a wuss and didn't wanna fix up this beautiful beater. I got it for $500, and I think I got quite the deal. I've read around a little bit on the forum, but still cant quite pinpoint exactly which model and year I have haha. I'm kinda embarrassed I can't figure it out, but whatever. The plate that tells the details on the inside of the door has since been ripped off, and I havent really looked around much more in the car to tell me exactly what it is. I think it's a 72 B210 coupe, but im not 100% positive. Enough talk, here are the pics I took today on my iphone ill take more tomorrow when I actually start to clean it up.

Also, I would like to say that I cant believe the level of respect and community on this forum, I cant wait to be apart of it. theres crazy amounts of info and knowledge around here, and I cant wait to tear this car apart and learn whats up!

ALSO x2, what up Pacific Northwest! Im happy to see all these datsuns and members are close by to me, I need a datsun buddy all my frieds think its a heap of metal. they're all haters.

OICS

photo1copy.jpg

photo2copy.jpg

photo5vn.jpg

photo1zhf.jpg

photo2ccf.jpg

photo3copyq.jpg

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well snap! thanks King bee so its a 72 1200 sedan? and my door hinge is crazy sketchballs i love it. also my seatbelts dont buckle into anything i just kinda drape them across me....ggzilla my friend does work on mercer island so he was probly around bellevue often. Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ill look at the plate and clean it up tomorrow with more pics for fun

Yes, some of the earlier model Japanese imports had different names than what were used to today. Coupe usually means 2dr and sedan normally means 4dr, but in this case there are two different models with two doors. One is the JDM coupe version with a greater raked rear window and then the 2dr sedan that is basically a shorter version of the 4dr.

Yes, some of the earlier model Japanese imports had different names than what were used to today. Coupe usually means 2dr and sedan normally means 4dr, but in this case there are two different models with two doors. One is the JDM coupe version with a greater raked rear window and then the 2dr sedan that is basically a shorter version of the 4dr.

youre posting in the wrong section bro, you just described the 510 coupe vs. sedan.

the 1200 coupe is a "fastback," the sedan is what you see here, there was also a 4 door sedan but not in US markets. the b210 and b310 coupe is the hatchback

youre posting in the wrong section bro, you just described the 510 coupe vs. sedan.

the 1200 coupe is a "fastback," the sedan is what you see here, there was also a 4 door sedan but not in US markets. the b210 and b310 coupe is the hatchback

Isnt that what I wrote? I guess I didnt use the term "fastback" though, but it does have a greater raked rear window and its two doors. Either way, his car is a sedan LOL.

Also, I would like to say that I cant believe the level of respect and community on this forum, I cant wait to be apart of it. theres crazy amounts of info and knowledge around here, and I cant wait to tear this car apart and learn whats up!

ALSO x2, what up Pacific Northwest! Im happy to see all these datsuns and members are close by to me, I need a datsun buddy all my frieds think its a heap of metal. they're all haters.

OICS

hmmmmmmm

noob has first post with both good and clear written story, pictures,

isnt asking how to do some absurd motor swap...... and used "oics"

well played.

busey_clapping.gif

welcome to Ratsun....

theres tons of NW and seattle area Ratsuners

in fact.... if you see this guy > :hairy: driving around the seattle area in a Datsun

.. he founded Ratsun :rofl:

Nice 1200! Usually a more desireable Datsun than a b210, but the b210s are gaining in popularity in recent years.

Check out 1200.org It is an Australian site w/ more info than you can digest on this car!

One of my fav Datsuns. Nice score for $500.

1200.org? Looks like a spam site.

Try the Portuguese site datsun1200.com. There are a lot of aussies on there, but also some americans too.

That is what I meant! (brainfart) I didn't know it was a Portuguese site though! Always assumed it was an Aussie one.

In Portugal?

Thousands of 1200s. They even have a 1200-only marque racing series.

i mean im sorry i still find that pretty remarkable, i wonder if it was due to some sort of trade agreement with south africa. i think south africa made the sedans well into the 70s