I need some input...

70_521goon

so my truck when i bought it, the guy welded a set-up for struts and springs not sure if i want to keep it or see if i can put it back to the way it should be.. any in put would help.

and there is only one strut in right now because the lower mounting spot for the strut broke off and needs to be welded back into place.

here is a link to the pic i took of how its set up i can get better pics if you guys need it.

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x334/simply_cody/?action=view&current=photo.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

Those are probably coilover shocks. Struts are a bit different in that the comprise a locating function.

I'd get it re-welded, it won't cost much. Then drive it to see if it works well.

it dosent work well thats why it broke,and they ARE rear RX7 struts

Guest kamakazi620

so why do i need the 720 4x4 springs? i really dont like the set up tho i would rather have it stock and keep it low if you guys could tell me how to do it ill do it this is a second car so im not to worry with it being on the road right away.

I just TOLD you how to keep it low 720 4x4 springs(they are straight leafs will lower 2" from stock) the springs that are on it (leafs NOT the coilover strut shit) are just the main leaf spring the stock shocks will break if you dont replace the leaf springs.

Guest kamakazi620

oh and can someone put up a pic of the stock set-up on these 521's it would help me out

The stock shock cross member is a tube you'll see where it was cut off your gonna have to source one from a junkyard Cody :lol:

Guest kamakazi620

The stock setup is leaf springs! There are no struts and no "links". It looks like there are some links in that photo.

Why don't you show us photos of what that 521 have? Probably need to rip everything out and put a stock axle, brakes & driveshaft back in.

Gawd damn gg did You READ anything Above? ?? It HAS A Stock rear just been hacked for the rx7 struts/coilovers for shocks :rolleyes:

Yep, read that. But if it's been hacked, it's easier to swap in another unhacked rear in my opinion. Might cost more... Take it back to stock.

Do you know more than he's telling? Or did you identify the RX7 struts by sight (even though only the spring and strut top are visible in the photo).

Guest kamakazi620

Yep, read that. But if it's been hacked, it's easier to swap in another unhacked rear in my opinion. Might cost more... Take it back to stock.

Do you know more than he's telling? Or did you identify the RX7 struts by sight (even though only the spring and strut top are visible in the photo).

I KNOW this truck i have SEEN it in PERSON And i know the PO who hacked the shit outta it he used the stock lower shock mount and constructed that Ungodly shit to use rx7 struts/coilovers if you look Closely you Can see the stock axle in the oics....Im texting 70 521goon right now we gots this YO!!

What I beleave he is saying ggzilla, is that the stock shock mount cross member has been cut out, and that is going to need to be sourced from a wrecking yard, otherwise the rest of the important stuff is there except for the leaf springs, which he is saying 4X4 leafs will lower the rear a few inches as the owner of the truck has requested.

But I could be totally wrong here, that is how I understand it.

Guest kamakazi620

thanks joey lol didnt know it was you lol unsure.gif

do you know if the foster pick n pull has any 720 4x4's of was that text you sent me say that they have 3 were for the 720 set-up? still a noob in everyway haha

No theres 3 521's there theres 2-3 720 4x4s at another yard i dont wanna say cuz i need a set myself.....

thanks joey lol didnt know it was you lol unsure.gif

do you know if the foster pick n pull has any 720 4x4's of was that text you sent me say that they have 3 were for the 720 set-up? still a noob in everyway haha

I was at the foster yard today, I beleave there is at least one 4X4 there, it has been painted camouflage green, has a brush/winch bumper on it. I have the shock mount cross member if you cannot get the one out of the 521 that is also in the foster yard.

I've got a complete '72 521 frame with front & rear suspension still in place sitting in my yard.

I was gonna cut it up come spring but if you were into a road trip you can come have it in exchange for a 24 of Shiner Bock

Ragg