280Z Toyota brake caliper upgrades.

So I'm considering doing the toyota 4x4 pickup caliper upgrades on the Z. I was wondering if we have a Ratsun discount at any of the auto parts stores.

Rock Auto has these for comparison:

RAYBESTOS Part # RC3465 Loaded - Pads Included, Remanufactured; Professional Grade; Bore Size=1.688" & 1.335" Inlet Thread=M10X1 Bleeder Thread=M10X1

Organic; Front Right; 4WD

Cost: $55.89

Core: $10.00

Total: $65.89

Add Part

RAYBESTOS Part # RC3466 Loaded - Pads Included, Remanufactured; Professional Grade; Bore Size=1.688" & 1.335" Inlet Thread=M10X1 Bleeder Thread=M10X1

Organic; Front Left; 4WD

Cost: $55.89

Core: $10.00

Total: $65.89

Add Part

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the numbers from this guy's post in a similar brake upgrade thread from 2003:

Try these numbers RC3465 and RC3466. They're Raybestos remanf. calipers purchased through checker auto parts. They're for a Toyota 4x4 '85 pickup. Don't know if these are regional #'s or not but worth a try. I was never given a choice on piston sizes so I can't answer your question but maybe these parts #'s will.

Good luck. The dust plate can be cut easily with some tin snips and it's pretty much a straight bolt on.

I selected a 1980 Toyo Pickup, so I'm hoping I'm in the right range for standard rotors as I already have some nice new standard rotors in boxes and I don't do enough hard driving to warrant the added "fun" of installing for vented rotors.

It's about $146 after shipping from Rock. They're "Loaded" calipers, which I'm assuming means they come with pads and hardware, etc. I've like to buy locally if possible, but I'm having problems

Autozone has this:

Remove

Duralast_Reman/Brake Caliper - Front

Part Number: C8648

Alternate Part Number: 7141

Availability: Ships within 2 business days.

Notes: Passenger side

Warranty: Limited Lifetime

FREE 2-Day Shipping learn more | sign in

Do you need related items?

$31.99

+Core: $35.00

$66.99

SPECIAL ORDER

Visit your local store to special order.

AVAILABLE

Ships within 2 business days.

Remove

Duralast_Reman/Brake Caliper - Front

Part Number: C8649

Alternate Part Number: 7142

Notes: Driver side

$31.99

+Core: $35.00

$66.99

SPECIAL ORDER

AVAILABLE

Remove

Duralast/Brake Pads - Front

Part Number: MKD137

Alternate Part Number: FMKD137

Notes: Semi-metallic

$13.99

SAVE NOW

$27.98

SPECIAL ORDER

AVAILABLE

Some items in your cart qualify for FREE 2-Day Shipping by ShopRunner.

Click here for a free 30-day trial. Already a ShopRunner Member? Sign In

Subtotal: $161.96

There's $70 worth of cores, which I could probably bring back the Z's old calipers for. Not sure. The Duralast calipers seem to be Cardone remans.

Those are some cheap calipers.

I am a fan of the Cardone brand.

Pretty decent stuff.

As for the loaded calipers...

I would never trust pads that don't come in their own packaging.

NEVER!

Get some!

Or let us know how the Q45 route goes.

I'd like to pull the struts and stuff off to take a look, but if I take them off, then I'm stuck with a car that can't be moved since I don't have some kind of fork lift or what not. But you make a really good point about the pads. Unless I can pop them out and confirm what kind/brand they are (I'd assume they'd be the same brand as the manufacturer... but assuming makes asses out of you and me, etc, etc)

I think it's time to go poke around Pick'n'Pull for the fun of it. PnP is my meditation. :)

Raysbestos pg plus is a decent pad ... carquests pads are made by them for domestics i know of... ive had nothing but long life with them ... not sure about racing performance ... but daily driver yes!

Some lowlevel organics ... are just ... pure.... shit .... :lol:

Yup yup flatcat! ...

I have the early S12 X 8 4 pot calipers on my 620. Rebuilt them myself with a kit and will stop my 3,400 lb truck without a problem. These, made for the single rotor, were used through '85. From '86 on they remained the same bit were widened for use with the slightly larger diameter, vented rotors.

If any were to fit the later zx, it would be the wider ones. I have a set or '87 wide calipers I was going to adapt to my 620 but need the vented FJ Landcruiser rotors to make it work.

So I'm considering doing the toyota 4x4 pickup caliper upgrades on the Z. I was wondering if we have a Ratsun discount at any of the auto parts stores.

Does anyone know why the Toyota 4x4 calipers fit the early 240z car?????

Does anyone know why the Toyota 4x4 calipers fit the early 240z car?????

Trick question haha ?

All i know is same bolt pattern lol ...

Hardwyre ... stock calipers ... and .... drilled and vented rotors ... with stock drum brakes ... on good p205/60/14 ... stop my 240z very well! ... of course your 280 is a bit beefier :cool: ... and make sure to adjust the rears ;)

Don't you have to buzz out a chunk of dust shield to make them fit? :D ( maybe an early s30 thing)

IMG_0243.jpg

Maxima and '87 'Yoda 4x4 calipers. Fuck they are huge.

Nissan owned 20% (up until the 2000s) of Fuji Heavy Industries which was a piece of a conglomerate broken up after WW!! Not clear if Toyota was also a part owner back then but does own about 17% now. FHI made auto parts for Nissan and Subaru and others. This is why the Subaru rear ends fit the 510. Many of these parts share similarities across several car makers. FHI currently produces Subaru cars.

I heard there was a 521 that just arrived at the 5 Corners PnP.

Get me some knobs while you're there.

;)

I believe I saw it. I was thinking 620, but it was missing the bulletsides.

A lot of it is picked apart, but these were there:

408961_3300131346377_1360731108_3256890_1057837700_n.jpg

424334_3300130306351_1360731108_3256889_1370339842_n.jpg

There was a beat to fuck Roadster that had decent gauges still:

397136_3300080665110_1360731108_3256886_705441823_n.jpg