new member SoCal

micro image

Hi - here's my beater Roadster, been getting it streetable for about 2 months now, runs really nice and actually stops. Figured it might fit in ok here.

Original paint with patina. Just acquired the Hayashi Commands, best part of the car so far. Anyways, just introducing myself.

hayashis2.jpg

hayashis1.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
If you buy new springs, get the short bump stops also. I love the wheels. What fog lights are those?

Updates: new stainless 4-2-1 header, new exhaust (2"), steering wheel, front lowering springs. I just ground down the stock bump stops, that worked fine. Made a big mess though.

Just finished changing the lower ball joints and all bushings to urethane. Got a factory 21mm sway bar and put that in, old one was 18mm. Handles really nice now.

Removed a bunch more little stuff -- I'll post some more pics tomorrow. Is there a Ratsun sticker available? :)

Nice ride, coo looker. Where d'ya get them rims? (from another SoCal 311 owner, '69 2L down near Long Beach.

backroads rally/tour season is coming up, let me know if you want to join in, lots of fun to be had.

I have a few "extra" parts around and about, let me know if there is anything you need.

FergO

I might have to take you up on the fogs. I was looking at those ones, i wanted something that looked vintage but wasn't $500 like the Everwing fogs. I want amber but I dont' know if they will look good with my red wheels. I had to change out the side markers and turn signals because they looked weird with the wheels. Are the fogs more yellow then orange? Its hard to tell in pictures.

here's a pic of my roadster before and after I changed out the lights.

DSC_5211-4.jpg

IMAG0135.jpg

Man you've been busy, that'a a lot of progress in a short time. yeah the only Everwings I've seen for sell were $500 and were beat and rusted out. I've never seen another set for sale but i quit looking after that, they are always going to be way out of my price range. Where did you get your velocity stacks?

Nice ride :) original paint, black plates ....just the way I like it...

cool to see all the roadster guys pop up in this thread

Always wanted a 67 myself, but I gotta wait a bit the 2 and 4 yr old kids are kickin my ass..maybe in a couple years.