Chevy rally wheels

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a gorgeous truck. I will definitely have to keep an eye out for a set of these when I finally get a 620.

If you want to get a rough (but reasonably close) gauge of offset.

The brown is a bit of flat wood (or whatever) of consistent thickness that is at least as long as the diameter of the wheels. Lay it across as shown and measure down to the mounting face including the wood (this is a little easier than trying to see where your tape crosses the bottom edge). Now subtract the thickness of the wood, and you have the backspacing. Now measure the total width of the wheel (should be wider than the nominal width) and divide that by two. If the backspacing is bigger than half the width, the offset is positive and it's the difference. If the backspacing is smaller than half the width, the offset is the difference and negative.

^This should be pretty obvious, but if done carefully should get you withing 1.5mm of the actual offset.

used to look better. The owner spray painted over perfect oe blue paint. It was new quality. Then hacked up the rear end "trying" to modify a rx7 shocks in there. Its half assed and hacked up. Poor little truck.

I saw pictures of when it was blue now that was gorgeous

used to look better. The owner spray painted over perfect oe blue paint. It was new quality. Then hacked up the rear end "trying" to modify a rx7 shocks in there. Its half assed and hacked up. Poor little truck.

crying.gif

I guess what I meant was that those wheels look great on a 521, and it's not too low, and I'm just a sucker for a straight (ish) 521.

What was he doing with RX7 shocks on a 510?