momo steering hub for 521

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

521 adapters that fit correctly have been out of production for many years. Adapters for other models can be made to work, but they leave a large gap between the adapter and the column. And they must be modified to make the turn signals cancel normally.

Here is what they look like with a Grant/Superior bolt pattern.

P4070175.jpg

P4070174.jpg

P4070176.jpg

And a picture from the side of the Superior box with the part number.

P4070172.jpg

You can see that the depth of the adapter is much deeper, and this is what fills the gap between the column and adapter and also makes the turn signal cancel normally without modification.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm lucky enough to have a Momo adapter that I picked up a while ago from a shop that was going out of business, and it looked like it was produced back in the 70's or 80's... I agree, they are just about impossible to find, but like mentioned above, you can get an adapter to fit the adapter to run any wheel you want. I have a Momo to Nardi adapter for my truck, but you could probably get (or make) a Grant to Nardi, or Grant to Momo adapter. Or, if worse comes to worst, find a destroyed wheel with an intact hub, hack off the spokes, and modify the hub to accept the wheel of your choice. It's a bit drastic, but it's a good way of saving a wheel from the scrapyard.