1970 Datsun 1600

fuel: gas

paint color: green

title status: clean

transmission: manual

type: truck

Open to offers

Datsun 1600 Pickup I believe 1970

Last time it started up was 1997. Battery is dead now probably still runs, hasn't moved in about 20 years. Needs new brake line, tires, and some new interior.

My uncle had it all fixed up and running but then he saw the price to get it registered and left it. Now registration is waived as it hasn't moved in 20 years. My grandparents bought this truck brand new in Hawaii sometime before 1973 (around when my mom was born) and flew it out here to California when my mom was two. The truck stopped working sometime between 1982-5 (from the stories I heard it was just mainly the brakes that stopped working), it got put in my grandparents backyard where it hasn't moved much at all since. My uncle started working on it for a year, and got it running and drove it a little around backyard. In 1995 he looked up registration cost and left it where it was. My grandpa kept turning on the engine every month and kept it running for like 10 minutes for 2 years until he gave up on it.

It is pretty badly rusted, as it sat in the the california sun my whole life, and now it will either be a project for me or for someone else.

All parts original, just old and most of them a little rusty

00c0c_9YJWNnARC1w_600x450.jpg

Well it's a '70 or newer

If selling this is the wrong place for that. Rather, place a for sale ad here... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/15-trucks/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc ... in out CLASSIFIEDS. You are clear to post there now.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I painted em on the truck, needs tires pretty bad anyways and it was just to clean them up a bit. Took it to schwabs to get some air and the guy said the front tires are from 2003 and the rears are from 96

My bad!  And I think he was referring to the fact that you painted the lugs, studs and the center caps.