pic of your truck

Icehouse

Couple important modifications I've gotten done 

1986 Celica buckets installed to replace the worn-out bench

27328725911_78d25655b4_b.jpg

27301820942_b368aba530_b.jpg

Also lowered and painted the grill, the roof rack was just on for shits and giggles and rattles like death if any speed faster than 45 is reached 

26792934813_135fa1a58f_b.jpg

27124328000_073ab3a1ff_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So it's not worth it to re-ach the leaf springs ]2edeye?

Just more expensive and you end up with a higher spring rate typically.

Did you put the leafs on top of the axle instead of under it yet? Can we do that with these trucks?

Yes you can do this. 

Probably why my truck was so high. Have been told my shackle aren't the stock ones.

IMG_2567.jpg

Definitely not stock. 

You'd have to cut off the mounts on the diff and weld on new ones on the other side. Once you do that, it should be easy. But that would be at least a 3" lift. Longer shackles are much easier. 

more like 4.5" 

i meant rotate the entire diff. pumpkin included since the axle housings and everything are one piece

You can actually do this with a datsun rear but you have to rotate the pumpkin and probably flip the brake parts right to left and vice versa. Hogies pumpkin was put in upside down by the po (or someone) and they couldn't figure out why the gears were all reversed :lol: 

...and a recent pic of mine to keep the thread on track :)

IMG_2399.jpg

• Like 2

You can actually do this with a datsun rear but you have to rotate the pumpkin and probably flip the brake parts right to left and vice versa. Hogies pumpkin was put in upside down by the po (or someone) and they couldn't figure out why the gears were all reversed :lol:

i'm the one that suggested that this might be the case because of this thread

and truck

20160520_033656.jpg

from last week one day when i was leaving for work. only filter is my window

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

Beautiful trucks you have there guys...! 

I´m from Argentina. 

I bought a 1980 720 Deluxe Cab 4x2 a year ago... it haves an L18 engine with 4 gear tranny. (that i would like to swap for a 5 gear one). There are very few trucks of this model here in my country, so looking for parts is a real pain and makes me anxious...hahaha...! 

Today it reached 77,777 kms (48328 Miles)  i bought it with 73k kms and have done really little to it yet... brake/clutch cylinders, drums rectification/brake pads, sparkplugs/cables, A/C compressor minor repair/maintenance/gas, installed some Led at the front, new rear view mirrors... and not much else.

2016_03_07_2303.jpg

2016_04_10_2642.jpg

2016_02_26_2189.jpg

2016_04_10_2676.jpg

Best regards,

Genaro.

• Like 4

Hello,

Beautiful trucks you have there guys...!

I´m from Argentina.

I bought a 1980 720 Deluxe Cab 4x2 a year ago... it haves an L18 engine with 4 gear tranny. (that i would like to swap for a 5 gear one). There are very few trucks of this model here in my country, so looking for parts is a real pain and makes me anxious...hahaha...!

Today it reached 77,777 kms (48328 Miles) i bought it with 73k kms and have done really little to it yet... brake/clutch cylinders, drums rectification/brake pads, sparkplugs/cables, A/C compressor minor repair/maintenance/gas, installed some Led at the front, new rear view mirrors... and not much else.

2016_03_07_2303.jpg

2016_04_10_2642.jpg

2016_02_26_2189.jpg

2016_04_10_2676.jpg

Best regards,

Genaro.

Gorgeous interior! The exterior looks great too but damn that interior looks new!

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...