pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Voleurz... Is it just me, or is the bed on that truck off of a different year/model... I could be completely wrong, but it just seems like the lines don't quite match up... Looks pretty good though.

KA-510... are you in the process of doing some body work, or is that the way the paint is supposed to look? Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool... I've always been a fan of the rats... I think you should do the back to match... :D

Voleurz... Is it just me, or is the bed on that truck off of a different year/model... I could be completely wrong, but it just seems like the lines don't quite match up... Looks pretty good though.

KA-510... are you in the process of doing some body work, or is that the way the paint is supposed to look? Don't get me wrong, I think it looks cool... I've always been a fan of the rats... I think you should do the back to match... :D

nope.. original bed..and not a scratch on it...

lines dont match up cause the passenger body mounts are hooped..

Ok... that makes sense... Looks pretty good. I just noticed you're on the Island...

ya i live in sooke.

for a 74 id say its in real good shape. no rust holes.. only bad body mounts but what do you expect.. its a datsun. it looks like the previous owner "tried" to fix one with fiberglass :eek::thumbdown::rollseyes:

Awesome... mine needs a bit of work to it... the hood and driver's side fender were in a bad way, but I drove down to the States this past weekend and picked up really nice replacements for them... I've got at least one rust hole in the floor pan that was previously patched up with fiberglass, and probably a few other spots, but everything will be fixed with new metal soon enough.

Where did you get the truck, and how much did you pay for it? Does it run?

Awesome... mine needs a bit of work to it... the hood and driver's side fender were in a bad way, but I drove down to the States this past weekend and picked up really nice replacements for them... I've got at least one rust hole in the floor pan that was previously patched up with fiberglass, and probably a few other spots, but everything will be fixed with new metal soon enough.

Where did you get the truck, and how much did you pay for it? Does it run?

runs beautifully. starts right up hot or cold. idles right away....

i got the truck from a guy in victoria but it had some hideous cattle guard style front bumper and some lame stock rear bumper, canopy and wooden box liner.

but i quickly took the grinder to the bumpers.. and as you can see the canopy is off and box liner is still smouldering as i type this.

too bad i dont get my licnese back for another month hahaha.. note to everyone dont sleep in your trucks..

everyone has such nice trucks on here. cant get enough of the datsuns!.

Er... care to elaborate on the "don't sleep in your truck" comment? Hopefully that wasn't what resulted in the loss of your license... =P

BTW, I hope all this back and forth talk isn't considered thread hijacking...

yup they nailed me for sleeping... thank god they didnt tazer me :eek:

(i think only you will get that refference haha)

check your pm's.

yup they nailed me for sleeping... thank god they didnt tazer me :eek:

(i think only you will get that refference haha)

check your pm's.

Sleeping while driving? I could see a ticket for that...

If you were on the side of the road sleeping, then that's just plain rediculous....

:blink:

as long as your parked in a decent spot they dont bug you here.. loss of license cause of sleeping in truck is plain fucking retarded..

ya.. well they gave me a 24 hr suspension on as long weekend.. so they towed my truck and i couldnt get it back for 3 days cause the place was closed. tow bill was 200 bucks.

then a month later i get a metter in the mail saying i have an unsatisfactory driving record and theyre pulling my licnese for 2 months.

so i write them a letter explaining that i wa sleeping.. they wont have none of that.

so in a month i will be able to pay 150 bucks to get my licnese reinstated..

i guess thats the price you pay to keep the public safe from the dangers of people sleeping in motor vehicles.:rolleyes:

end rant/explinations.. back to datsuns.:)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha ha. Reminds me of the time I was driving from Ontario to BC back in the early '90s. I drove all day and cut into Michigan at Sault St Marie and was stopped just before Wisconsin for a blown headlight around midnight. It was my girlfriend's car, no insurance. I had photocopied it and used white out and re-typed it and re-re-photocopied it, and the lady trooper accepted it, but warned me to get the light fixed before Wisconsin as they were a lot tougher.

Anyway, around three in the morning (and way into the dreaded land of Wisconsin), I decided that I had pushed my luck far enough and pulled into a car dealer parking lot, with the intention of spending the night. I had the lights off and the doors locked and was wiggling into a sleeping bag when I looked up and saw a cruiser pull in off the highway and make his way down the row of cars. Shit! SHIT!!! To late, so I threw myself across the front seats and pretended to be taking a nap. Through slitted eyes I could see the headlights approach and hear the unbelievably loud sound of gravel popping out from under the car tires. I waited, probably only a few minutes, but it seemed longer, and I could hear the police radio. Then the dreaded sound of the door opening and closing and then foot steps on the gravel. By now I was hyperventilating so I desperately breathed as slow as possible. Without warning, the brightest flashlight, on my face, so bright even with eyes closed, hot as sunlight I swear! Four or five slow breaths and it moves on to my belongings in the back, around the car and back, hot on my face. Then gone! Blessed coolness, footsteps on gravel, door, police radio, car backing slowly away, darkness. I lay in that cramped position for fifteen minuets too scared to move. When I looked he was gone.

Stayed there that night, knowing that he knew I was there and did nothing. And knowing if I moved and he saw me on the road he would surely pull me over. Slept very well.

Hahaha, lucky guy Mike... I'd be flipping out myself if that happened to me...

Just out of curiosity, why did you have to fiddle with the insurance? Was there no insurance at all on the car, or did you just not want to deal with having to tell them it was someone else's car?

Don't do this!!

The insurance card and the drivers license were wallet sized at the time and you had to show both, at least if stopped in Ont. The card shows the expiry date had passed, and I had to 'doctor' it. I had the ownership and the insurance, photo copied onto a single page, as it wasn't my car. I told the lady officer jokingly that my girlfriend lent me the car, but didn't trust me, so gave me copies of the insurance and ownership and kept the originals.

No excuse, I was broke, out of work. Never once went above 55 the whole trip out.

Don't do this!!

The insurance card and the drivers license were wallet sized at the time and you had to show both, at least if stopped in Ont. The card shows the expiry date had passed, and I had to 'doctor' it. I had the ownership and the insurance, photo copied onto a single page, as it wasn't my car. I told the lady officer jokingly that my girlfriend lent me the car, but didn't trust me, so gave me copies of the insurance and ownership and kept the originals.

No excuse, I was broke, out of work. (I was bad) Never once went above 55 the whole trip out. Just remembered. I bought a head light about an hour after being stopped but it was cold and dark out.:D