• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pictures of my truck! Finally...

001.JPG

You probably can't tell in the pictures, but the hood support grid isn't actually connected to the hood in the center... the hood mount for the driver's side hinge is pretty rusty, so the whole thing is pretty shaky when opened... I either have to do some welding or (ideally) replace the whole hood... anyone have one to sell to me?

The driver's side fender is rusted just over the headlights... so far it's been patched up with fiberglass, but it'll have to get looked at pretty soon. Also, the headlight trim on that side is a little bent, but it should be possible to get it back into shape.

Other than that... the seats are out of a first gen ('91-94) Ford Explorer 2-door. They sit a little too far forward, but they're fairly comfortable. Not sure about ease of mounting though... PO put them in. The orange box with the stalk coming out of the steering wheel is the turn indicator... the stock one is broken for some reason, but I'm planning on fixing that. The little gauge under the fuel indicator is the water temp... the stock one doesn't work either. Also, the stock fuel gauge only shows half full when the tank is full, but that may be bad wires/sender. Finally, the little black switch to the left of the water temp gauge is the on/off switch for the fuel pump. The PO put in an electric fuel pump, which works great for me... I just have to relocate the switch eventually...

Other than that, does anyone know what the white switch with the "R" on it next to the ignition does? I haven't been able to figure that out... I though reverse lights, but it seems they come on automatically when shifted into reverse...

And, if anyone's wondering, the tarp in the back is to cover the stock bench seat (which is pretty shredded... I'll get pics of it eventually) and one of those tent garages... I don't have a real one to work in, so I've gotta make my own for the time being...

Kool, must be a 68/69 with that J 13. Looks like you have the JDM fenders that came with the "bullet" style side markers. Re weld the hood latch, easy & just replace the hood hinge. The white switch looks like a PO install ? Nice paint scheme too, scallops rock !

I ought to do some research on the JDM fenders, as I don't actually know what you mean...

As for the switch, I suppose it could be a PO install... It looks like a pretty clean install though, so I'm not sure.

From what it says on the paperwork, it's a '70, but we all know that the paperwork lies...

And what I meant by the support is the steel beams that run from corner to corner... so the hood doesn't quite keep it's shape as well as it should, which is probably why the front of the hood looks off kilter.

And I didn't know I had a double post... thanks for taking care of it...

"I ought to do some research on the JDM fenders, as I don't actually know what you mean..."

Most of the rhd 521's in Japan have a skinny 4 inch or so long side marker light instead of the square lights the US 521's have. You can buy them on E bay & i believe Redeye may have a few sets.

The orange box with the stalk coming out of the steering wheel is the turn indicator... the stock one is broken for some reason, but I'm planning on fixing that.

Niiiiice 521! Funny, yours has stock wheels in the front, and mags in the back, and mine had mags in the front and stockers in the back!

About your turnsignal. Mine wasn't working. When I looked, the lever switch appeared fine. No rust, no corrosion, nothing obvious. For the heck of it I ran some sandpaper between the contact. AND IT WORKED! Sometimes there can be a very thin layer of whatever, that you barely see. So try that before you replace it!

Thanks for the kind words...

I'll look into the turnsignal... I haven't had a chance to really start stripping it apart yet as I don't have my garage up... hopefully that'll get put up this weekend and I can start tearing into it... I think I may have to start a build thread pretty soon...

Yea those are the seats from the 510, haha! i do have stuff layin around i know.. but its my DD an every thing in there i need.. i have 2 sets of floor mats.. the yellow TYPE R and the blue nos.. the blue matches the inside color better.. but more importanly havin 2 sets keeps more cold air out or even water.. silly floor boards

SSS, clean interior & kool valve cover!

Valve cover is from a 68-69 L-series Datsuns or even earlier.

I got it from ebay and cotacted the seller to make me another set powder coated in Light Datsun blue to match the engine of my 2 door sedan.

Contact me if your interested on doing the same thing.

Steering wheel is from 240z, wooden one.

It's nice on 510 but too big for 521.

Looks nice if you can get in and out without a problem.

Turn signal cancel does not work for these or at least I didn't make attempt to get it working.

Interior was not this clean when I first got it.

Spent a lot of time cleaning it up.

Replaced the dash, it was all messed up.

pl521006.jpg