pic of your truck

Icehouse

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was running some chrome 18 inch QX56 wheels for a few weeks. They are just too big for me, a lot too flashy. Ya, i'm too damn old for that crap. They also drove terrible, Followed ruts and grooves in the road really bad. Felt like it was out of control if the road wasnt perfectly smooth, but the did like the corners.

Jason

glad to see the owner of that 77 is on the forum. That is a nice truck.

I got a pic of it on my website.

Even my Frontier seems to follow the road a bit or has some slop on the steering. Its hard to tell since it has power steering though. I want to get it fixed so it ride more straight like the Z.

Even though my truck is fairly new, it has 150K miles on it so it has about as many miles as some of your 30 year old Datsuns.

I've been a lurker for a while now. Here's mine. Ain't much to speak of... '70 521 with a '79 front frame half grafted on, so disc brakes. L20B under the hood with a new Offy manifold & Holley 390cfm 4bbl :D Believe it or not, seems to run GREAT! got a pretty big cam in it, though. It lopes somethin' fierce at 800rpm. I got it to idle fairly well at ~1100rpm. '81 ZX 5spd, 1pc driveshaft from a mystery donor, possibly a later 620.

Paint is faded multiple shots of black primer, making for a horrible urban camo look to it :blink: Paint is gonna be going on next summer... thinking flat black or gray.

k54hop.jpg219766v.jpgmjs1fa.jpg

I've been a lurker for a while now. Here's mine. Ain't much to speak of... '70 521 with a '79 front frame half grafted on, so disc brakes. L20B under the hood with a new Offy manifold & Holley 390cfm 4bbl :D Believe it or not, seems to run GREAT! got a pretty big cam in it, though. It lopes somethin' fierce at 800rpm. I got it to idle fairly well at ~1100rpm. '81 ZX 5spd, 1pc driveshaft from a mystery donor, possibly a later 620.

Paint is faded multiple shots of black primer, making for a horrible urban camo look to it :blink: Paint is gonna be going on next summer... thinking flat black or gray.

Man I LOVE your 521. It looks gritty and freakin cool.

flat black or primer grey looks great on any datsun!!!! http://www.ratsun.net where Prime is not a Crime! .. ok i know i stole that line but IT WORKS OUT SO NICELY!! anyways neat lookin truck.. where you located? .. lots of us from vancouver get together on tuesdays for hangin out an bull shittin an sometimes workin on stuff.. oh and BEER!! maybe some smoke.. but usualy thats only me :(

flat black or primer grey looks great on any datsun!!!! http://www.ratsun.net where Prime is not a Crime! .. ok i know i stole that line but IT WORKS OUT SO NICELY!! anyways neat lookin truck.. where you located? .. lots of us from vancouver get together on tuesdays for hangin out an bull shittin an sometimes workin on stuff.. oh and BEER!! maybe some smoke.. but usualy thats only me :(

I'm in Tigard :D I was just floatin' around the site and found the thread on Thursdays and wondering if y'all were still doing that what with the weather 'n' all.

I might be game for it, I'm off on Tues, but work Wed... Love to meet some fellow Dat enthusiasts.

mmmmmm... beer... y'all into the micro thing? I'm a hop-head, so pales and IPA's turn my crank, so to speak ;)

And I'm easily distracted too! :o Anyway, yeah, PM me and I'll try to make it up next time y'all get together.

I'm in Tigard :D I was just floatin' around the site and found the thread on Thursdays and wondering if y'all were still doing that what with the weather 'n' all.

I might be game for it, I'm off on Tues, but work Wed... Love to meet some fellow Dat enthusiasts.

Are you referring to the Sonic meets on Thurs? Yeah, as long as its not raining too hard, I'll be out there w/ my 521. I'm interested to see your frame graft. Up for next Thurs? Lemme know.

~Brian

I think they were talking about our Tuesday meet in Vancouver. and of course we're still doing it through the winter, just gotta wear more clothes!

I think the address or directions are posted up in that thread, if not PM me and I'll help ya out. We'd love to see ya :D

kiznook: Think I found it, at the school? Yeah, I'll prolly be there next Tues. Might even drag the PO of the truck along (buddy of mine, he hasn't seen the carb swap yet). As long as y'all promise not to point 'n' laugh too much! :P

808DA6: Thursdays ain't too great for me, I get outta work at 7pm'ish and come back in at 8am :blink: Otherwise, I'd love to!

fisch: Thanks! It used to have a 4pt rollbar in the bed, but it made it look a bit too Mad Max-ish, if ya know what I mean. I sold that not long after I acquired the beastie, and now it looks more like just a ratty old minitruck :D

Random thought for the day: Anyone else ever looked at a 521 from the rear, and had the cab silhouette remind them of an old man with a buzzcut? Maybe it's just my bizarre imagination

Just chilling waiting for my new master cylinder to come in, runs great and Love to take it to the Colts Tailgating parties....:cool:

Anyone know how to attach a picture of the truck here?

- chuck:blink:

It used to have a 4pt rollbar in the bed, but it made it look a bit too Mad Max-ish, if ya know what I mean. I sold that not long after I acquired the beastie, and now it looks more like just a ratty old minitruck :D

NOOO! When I saw the pics I was think "I bet that guy would sell that roll bar to me :D", and then I saw you sold it already...

Sweet truck though! I am really interested in your frame graft. What did you have to do?!