Fender mirrors on a roadster

monster

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have driven Shifty's car "Scraps" that has them in the stock location. Hard enough to use them in close. Would be purely cosmetic farther out on the fender, IMO. Do round too if you go this route. The square ones look funny.

Not the stock placement but down on the front of the fenders. Im in love with the look of them on every old school jdm car but I have never seen them on a roadster. I did a quick photoshop to show you guys what I am thinking of.roadster_fmirrors.jpg

Opinions? Comments?

If the car isn't a bondo mobile, you just ruined the value.

its not a bondo mobile but it sure is a rusty ol gal. Not planning on painting anytime soon so just having fun with it.

I had a 68 1600 that was so rusty you couldn't open the passenger door, and when it rained, I had to put my feet into a trash bag to keep my legs from getting soaked when I drove. It was a daily driver, even in the winter, ran the piss out of it. It only had one headlight, so we named it 'sammy one eye'! Took it to Cape May for holiday. Those were the days!!

• Like 1

I had a 68 1600 that was so rusty you couldn't open the passenger door, and when it rained, I had to put my feet into a trash bag to keep my legs from getting soaked when I drove. It was a daily driver, even in the winter, ran the piss out of it. It only had one headlight, so we named it 'sammy one eye'! Took it to Cape May for holiday. Those were the days!!

you are a beast lol

On my 70 it had one mirror, only on driver side. I bought mirrors planning on doing fender mirror but they just didn't quite look right on the car. I ended up doing them in father back on the fender, where i think they fit the best. They are also usable now.

here is an older photo, a few things have changed since then but you get the idea.

DSC_5211-4.jpg

I wouldn't put them that far forward. They look best when behind the centerline of the front wheels.

I've put fender mirrors on three roadsters - the best location is in the hole for the antenna - then match the location on the other side.

Any further back and they are not really usable. Any further forward and they get in the way when you are working under the hood.

Here's the mirrors on my '67.5 - they are just a bit too far back.

foggy-scraps-01-620x465.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

I am planning on doing this as well... I never liked the mirrors on the doors. They keep that classic Japanese look when they are on the fender. Post some pics when you work it out. I am likely doing one square mirror on the driver's side. I have considered twin bullet mirrors, but I am not sure how that would look. Anyone have any pics of that?

• 4 years later...

hello everyone.. I tried to found fenders mirrors, but unfortuned I cant...if any one know where and the cost ...please let me know 

Many different styles to choose from on ebay.  I just bought some from partsshop2you, holiday here so just waiting on shipping.

• 3 years later...