[SOLD] Complete Roadster Motor and Transmission (R16)

I have a complete R16 and 4 speed transmission in my garage that I need gone. It is a 5 main R16 in unknown condition. Consider it non-running. Will likely need a refresher. Carbs will also need to be rebuilt, as one piston (in the carb, not motor) seems to be sticky. The transmission looks to be in good shape. Spins, and shifts through gears. That's all I know. I'm going to go with $200 obo. I'm located in Corpus Christi, TX. Let me know if y'all have any questions.

PICTURES NOW POSTED BELOW.

SOLD.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely a late 5 main bearing metric engine! Great as is, can be stroked to 2 liter if desired. With that bevel on the rear of the valve cover it would fit into a RL411SSS sedan or WRL411SSW wagon for anyone wanting to restore one with at least visual authenticity.

• 4 months later...

No i bought it from san antonio form a guy on craigslist. But im in need of parts of the engine. And i need him to answer me because im traveling to san antonio, texas from brownsville, texas and the gas is expensive. So that way on my way back to brownsville i could go to corpus christi, texas to pick up the complete engine.

today i whent ahead and checked the engine. Appereantly i got a new gaskets and replaced parts in the engine. But im still in need of some carbs. Anyone know what car carb fits in the r16 engine? Help please

Oh crap man. I'm really sorry. I forgot to come in and change it to sold. The motor is sold. Good luck on your roadster project though. That's a sweet picture of it on the trailer. That bridge looks awesome at night all lit up. Could make for some even better pictures.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.