Truck pulls to the left. Could this be the problem?

Rev.Bubba

All,

First I would like to say I am happy to have found this forum. I have recently purchased a 521 and have found the info on this site to be of great help. I am now at a stand still on one issue related to my front brakes that I would greatly love some assistance with. It pulls to the left and what I found when adjusting them can be seen below. I think I am missing something curtail to keeping my adjustment in place. Let me know what you think and if any of you have the part missing or a front drum brake assembly to offer, please let me know.

driversside.JPG

passengerside.jpg

Thanks in advance...

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh, yeah- you're missing the retaining clips on one side (and both dust covers). However, those don't actually keep the adjuster from sliding, just from falling into the drum (through the notch). The adjuster is supposed to move, to keep the shoes centered. However the adjuster will move in unwanted directions and make the shoes hit the drum face with the clips gone.

There's a good chance you're also missing the part that keeps the adjusting wheel from turning on its own, but you'd need to pull the drum off to tell. It's just a little spring clip that mounts to the adjuster, and rests in the wheel notches.

Thanks everyone for the quick reply. I will get the hubs off to better investigate and will also attempt to find a local forum member for parts. I know many will upgrade to disc brakes so I should find some extras laying around if they have not been scrapped yet. I will post further picks.

It pulls to the left

If it does that when braking, yes, check the adjuster out.

If it does it all the time (not just when braking), it's proably something else. But you might as well start with the adjuster as it needs fixing.

Less than $2 each at Nissan:

41213-04100

41214-04100

41215-08000

41153-04100

If it does that when braking, yes, check the adjuster out.

If it does it all the time (not just when braking), it's proably something else. But you might as well start with the adjuster as it needs fixing.

Less than $2 each at Nissan:

41213-04100

41214-04100

41215-08000

41153-04100

Fortunetly, It is only during braking. I got access to a car lift so I am going to pull the drums and check it all out. Will bleed again as well.

Probably one side not adjusted, the right. The left is pulling it over. I had a 521 for about 8 years and it never braked properly, and I never properly maintained it either. Probably should have every 6 months. The non disc 620's the same.