16x8 0 offset?

I didn't want to start another wheel thread, but...theres so many different options and variance of suspension...

anyway, I found a great deal on a set of XXR (I know, cheap) 002 16x8 with 0 offset. They also have a 205/40/16 tire on them.

Will they fit a 510 with stock struts/etc? Rolling the fenders I don't mind. Don't want to pull them though.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With stock struts or even the 280ZX struts, you will have to run spacers to clear the strut. Rolling the lip will help and so will camber plates.

Good Luck!

I am going to call a friendly shenanigans on this.

ZX struts will definitely allow 7 wide 0 offset.

They will also allow a 8 wide 0 offset, you will not hit the tube. This is equivalent to a 7 wide +12 offset, which also easily fits on ZX struts.

I have seen you post this before, and then seen people post there wheels without spacers with even more backspacing that fit fine.

But really 8 wide 0 offset is difficult to pull off with out getting poke. Idk, I have seen dimes that tuck 9 wide low offset, and I have seen low offset 7s that cant tuck at all.

Basically find a set of wheels and search around if someone has used a set with similar width/offset.

• Like 1

They will also allow a 8 wide 0 offset, you will not hit the tube. This is equivalent to a 7 wide +12 offset, which also easily fits on ZX struts.

I have seen you post this before, and then seen people post there wheels without spacers with even more backspacing that fit fine.

But really 8 wide 0 offset is difficult to pull off with out getting poke. Idk, I have seen dimes that tuck 9 wide low offset, and I have seen low offset 7s that cant tuck at all.

Basically find a set of wheels and search around if someone has used a set with similar width/offset.

Thank you...very informative post...haha.

What I may do once I get the car going is take it to the local custom wheel place and have them try different offset/width wheels on it to see what will fit correctly. They're pretty cool about it, so...may help some.

That is odd about the different cars, different sizes/offsets though...lol

It's not the wheels you usually worry about, but the size of the tires.

Obviously 185 tires will have more clearance than 205 tires -- on the same wheels. If you go wider tires you might need spacers, but then you get poke!

Now if you stretch the tires (tires narrower than the wheels) then there is more worry about the wheel itself.

Laec is right, my bad. I had my friends Watts in my brain when I was thinking of this. Stockers need spacers, ZX will be tight and 200SX will clear almost anything, but, those require flares. One of the guys here in my area had issues with his coil overs rubbing on his rims, 8" wide wheels, and had to do a bit of grinding on them to clear, so keep that in mind if putting together a coil over setup. He has cut tubes and is pretty low and he does not have 0 offset wheels, I think they are -5