Mitsubishi Addiction lol

I thought last time I brought up flares on the coupe you basically yelled at me :(

Did I? I know I'm pretty firm on the Wagon about shit. Either that or they grew on me with Josh's wagon, which he is actually using ZG Flares on his wagon.

Now if they are Corolla Flares like this guy in Spokanistan used... 

rota20_zps05cf9556.jpg

barfing-smiley-emoticon.gif 

I want absolutely no part of it, I feel bad for that car.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I sent you pictures of that GTO months back and you said you refused to flare the car or run stretched tired. Something like you never want to be a part of the hellaflush ricer crowd. I said you didn't have to stretch tires all crazy like to run flares.

Glad you're coming around. The widened track width with those flares will be sick.

lol, oh yeah the FTO, I'll probably have to stretch a little, because there ain't shit for a 15x10 wheel, there is a gap from 225-295 and 295 is only in 50 series or I just run 16" in the back with 245s. There is a swap in the Coupe, just need to finish it! 2.3 g63t + R154 + Hilux rear end ;). 

ZG Flares flow decently with the body of the car, those corolla flares are too fat and look like shit. At least if I use Flares Bura, they will be because they are needed and not looks, unless I just throw some Starion or SHP wheels underneath the rear then yeah I'll be fine.

Still never going to participate in herraflush, I won't sacrifice performance for looks. 

Because I know you are on SG and ClassicColt, Charlie's blue car, Jason and Tj's hardtops have all been the inspiration for my Coupe. :)

wow "sick"? really?        :w00t:

all the moar reason NOT to do it unless you want to appease the teenyboppers 

Yeah really. Im sorry you feel fitting larger track width rims and and tires is for teenyboppers.

besides, make it aggressive seems you gotta back it up with a swap

Hes already knee deep in a 2.3L 4g63T swap. Maybe you shouldnt talk any crap until you know all the facts  ^_^

Speaking of which, Tim if you need any help just text me and Ill roll down and wrench with you at Daves. Maybe we can button it up for JCCS and roll down. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Hmm...spam lol.

Gotta get some tires mounted on a mixmatched set of 15x7s (no need to cut the guards and flare it now :) ) I picked up recently then heading to the shop to finish up the 5 lug swap on the coupe. Then drain the fuel tank, mount the pedals, get the flywheel machined for the R154 and bunch of other chassis related stuff.

Got the left front swapped to 5 lug, need new balljoints and tie rods for sure, but for now is fine. Going to chop the springs to bring the height down. With the 16s that were on the rear now replaced with the 15s, I now have a bit more room in the wheel well under the guards.

I just wish they were in a complete set, because I have no idea what ford vehicle they came off of. It was just the pair at Pick n Pull with truck tires on them. It's not a Turbine style I've seen normally before.

Turbines are 15x7 +12, the outlaw styled ones are 15x7 unknown offset, but seem close to the same as the turbines.

I'll probably take the fronts off eventually and have Jrock powdercoat them.

Take a few steps closer to the wheels than the $10. Mariners ticket ,, and take a couple more picturoonies and maybe someone has some laying around..

:ninja:

Some of those Lincoln mesh type wheels would look badass on there but those are being curbed into oblivion as you read this by RX7 dudes..