Mitsubishi Addiction lol

I have a line on two manifolds I can get, one from Australia is about 200 with shipping, and the other is stateside from a buddy that I'll be buying this week hopefully. Neither of those would work for you unless you have a 4G54 (Astron 1, early version/1970-81ish), but you have a 4g54B (Astron 2 later version/ 1980s+) and there is a difference in intake manifold stud pattern spacing. I have a 4G52 (Astron 1) but the only real difference really between the 52 and 54 is the crankshaft, that's what makes for the .6L difference in stroke, pistons and rods are interchangeable.

You just have to do some serious hunting, try Sigma-Galant.com, ClassicColt,Japanese Nostalgic Car,  Ebay, etc. Some manifolds are specific to Astron Is while others say that they can be used on both series of the Astron family. Besides all that crap, There two different types of sidedraft manifolds, LHD and RHD. LHD have short runners, why? Well they have to accomodate for the fact that your brakes are located on that side. RHD have longer runners, because the brake booster/Master Cylinder are located on the Righthand side of the car instead of the Left. 

There is a Redline manifold out there that supposedly supports both versions of the 4g54s and yeah that will run you about $300 after tax and shipping. It's also probably a long runner manifold too. 

I could get away with running a LHD or RHD manifold, because the 75 doesn't have boosted brakes.

As for suspension, can't really help much on that, I looked into the truck stuff to see if they shared a similar strut setup to me (510s, Corollas, and Starions all share a similar front setup though), but they don't. Try a Mighty Max/D50 forum?

I'm already set on what carbs I'm going to get and use, Dellorto DHLA 40s. Linkage I still have to piece together, because my throttle setup is a belcrank similar to that of a Z car.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got some new tires, so no more 13" steelie on that front right side :), installed some autopal H4 headlamps, Starion alternator, and my other fender badge arrived from Australia for the Left side. The voltage regulator crapped out on me shortly after the Olympia meet, so it was an opportunity to upgrade to a later version with a internal regulator.

mg7448.jpg

mg7424p.jpg

Rewired my tail lights today, Cop didn't like that my amber corners were always on, when he pulled me over Friday night. Had to supply a new feed wire directly from the brake switch to the tails for the center tail lights to function and cut the other wire off from the ambers so they only light up for turn indicators or hazards. It was easy but also time consuming, because my Service manual does not show a schematic for the brake switch and both wires coming off of that are solid green lol. Cut a little off the top and test each exposed copper to see which is which, found the correct one and surprisingly when I later just cut that wire, it disabled the Amber corners from lighting up as brakes too. Somewhere in the harness, the rear turn indicator light wires and brake lights combine into a single wire under the dash then feed to the tails uhh.gif.

All good now, tail lights function independently of each other, Stupid US-spec bullshit!

Wagon is looking good. Need to murder it out with some black all over those wheels, Maybe some spacers to get them out some more. Cant believe cops have the time to hassle people over the small stupid shit like that.  If TENDRIL changes his mind, I will pay shipping. :poke:

The Enkeis are only +33 lol.

You must want them like this wagon 15x8/15x10

dsc_0050_copy1.jpg