subwoofers

720RATSUN

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

blink.gifwhat seriously? a reg cab 720....sub boxes? i have subs in my reg cab ram 1500... and i have to use slim line boxes.... and they are on the shitty side, compared to an actual properly sized ported box.... they sell those tiny slimline "truck boxes" from anywhere with subwoofers.... custom will pretty much be the way to go.... but still youll be running a small box behind the seats... they wont sound right... unless you use 8"s....

also.... i dont think you've even tried looking

....do some research... and tell me what subs you want, and dimensions and ill fire up the sub box calculator program... and see what you can do

blink.gifwhat seriously? a reg cab 720....sub boxes? i have subs in my reg cab ram 1500... and i have to use slim line boxes.... and they are on the shitty side, compared to an actual properly sized ported box.... they sell those tiny slimline "truck boxes" from anywhere with subwoofers.... custom will pretty much be the way to go.... but still youll be running a small box behind the seats... they wont sound right... unless you use 8"s....

....do some research... and tell me what subs you want, and dimensions and ill fire up the sub box calculator program... and see what you can do

I been researchin for the past hours. I didnt say i couldnt find some but like you said im lookin for quality not a piece of shit. But any ways im tryin to fit 10's back there. Just somethin that'll thump pretty hard with good quality

also. im going ported cause you kno as well as me that sealed just doesnt sound near as good

also. im going ported cause you kno as well as me that sealed just doesnt sound near as good

but ported only works if you have roughly 2-4 cubic feet of box space per sub (dependant on power and size/excursion) ... too small of a box tunes the subs/ports too high (into the mid/low ranges...meaning you loose bass and "thump")

sealed boxes are great for under 1 cubic foot... plus they stay punchy...but loose bass performance

when you come up with a brand and model i can tell you exactly what the minimum boxes/sizes you can run, and still keep good sq

.... gimme a few mins, ill play around with my programs... ill just input xplod 10"s and see if theyll like the small box

Capture-1.png

info on sony xplod subs- prefered box ported... Capture2.png

a properly sized box's

(166.6l or 5.88 cubic feet)

frequency range

& dbl level @ 1watt-1foot

Capture3.png

the box that you will running (68l or 2.4cubic feet) box's frequency range & dbl level @ 1watt-1foot (99db peak spl @90hz @300w)

honeslty... im a bit suprized... i wasnt expecting those results from the xplod's (xs 300's-300watt 10").... i thought their low end capabilities would be alot worse in the slimline box... ... they of course loose some bottom end... but theyll still hit pretty well in normal ranges.... (unless your listening to hip hop.. then youll be really dissapointed if your looking for insane bass)

well there you go... i was wrong... look for something like a qlogic dual 10" truckbox (slimline).... you can find them premade for about 40-80 (depending on the shop) at almost any sound system shops... also most shops will be fine with going to the parkinglot with you and checking to see if the box will fit

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0051VRQP0 <box specs i used

They make subs for smaller enclosures.

Unsure of their quality-but they do make them.

Just saying.

Also, there ain't a thing wrong with running 4 8" subs.

I've seen tons of set-ups like this.

Clean, fast. Sounds good.

There are also shallow mounting depth subwoofers ("flat subwoofers") from what we see at the shop they burn up... mostly people tend to push them too hard, and being flat they dont dissipate heat well. (but a majority of ppl here in nc are retardeddry.gif)

BUUUUT i do agree 4 8"s do make really nice setups. And like flatcat said they are clean and very responsive. Also they have a very nice point, you can have them properly tuned in a smaller box, so they will have better low end compared to a 12 shoehorned into a tiny box

They make subs for smaller enclosures.

Unsure of their quality-but they do make them.

Just saying.

Also, there ain't a thing wrong with running 4 8" subs.

I've seen tons of set-ups like this.

Clean, fast. Sounds good.

Thanks flatcat. i wasnt really thinkin about multiple 8's. Now i might have something...cool.gif

and don't forget that if the sealed box isn't able to reach the recommended internal volume you can cheat a little and use some polyfill to get it a little closer. Not knowing what your ultimate goal for the system is and what music you'll be listening to, but a couple 8's in a nice box should be more than adequate for a small single cab space. don't forget the dynamat or your choice of sound barrier to maximize your results.

• 8 months later...

Capture-1.png

info on sony xplod subs- prefered box ported... Capture2.png

a properly sized box's

(166.6l or 5.88 cubic feet)

frequency range

& dbl level @ 1watt-1foot

Capture3.png

the box that you will running (68l or 2.4cubic feet) box's frequency range & dbl level @ 1watt-1foot (99db peak spl @90hz @300w)

honeslty... im a bit suprized... i wasnt expecting those results from the xplod's (xs 300's-300watt 10").... i thought their low end capabilities would be alot worse in the slimline box... ... they of course loose some bottom end... but theyll still hit pretty well in normal ranges.... (unless your listening to hip hop.. then youll be really dissapointed if your looking for insane bass)

well there you go... i was wrong... look for something like a qlogic dual 10" truckbox (slimline).... you can find them premade for about 40-80 (depending on the shop) at almost any sound system shops... also most shops will be fine with going to the parkinglot with you and checking to see if the box will fit

http://www.amazon.co...r/dp/B0051VRQP0 <box specs i used

what kind of program do you have to figure dbl and where did you get it i have a monster system behind my seats and want to get the most i can out of it

• 1 month later...

dyno mat isn't mandatory, i used to rock 3 memphis 12"s in my nissan extended cab with out dynomat and won 2 SPL shoot outs, but besides that, check under the seats see if a custom box will be a good idea for you, a better bet is to do something custom maybe coming between the seat, just behind the seat your so limited, 8"s are ok, but 12"'s are the best they hit all ranges, i think Orion makes a 15" thats really low profile, but it won't hit the higher bass tones that a 12" woofer would hit, or convert your bed in to a speaker box and link the cab and the bed together by some plexy for custom work between the two, i've seen it done just expenisve, depening on your budget you imagination is your limit, but behind the seat will work with a "VERY SLIM" box.

you should be able to get more then 3 cubic feet behind your seat. i have a single 12 in a 2.7 ft box only 25" wide with 4" to my seat in a kc 720. if you make the box the full 44" wide you have plenty of room for air space. and 1 12 hits plenty hard. i hve to turn it down for rap cause its too much. plus one speaker is cheaper and easier.

This is one half of my system I use when doing a high school dance competition.

DavidDouglas1.jpg

The sub is about 14 cubic feet, two Electro-voice DL-18-W drivers, box tuned to be flat down to 34 HZ.

If trying to fit a sealed speaker enclosure in the cab of a Datsun, you have basically two options. Use the doors. or build a box that will under the seats, and put the speakers in the front edge of the box, pointing toward your feet, or possibly behind the seat, facing up.  Possibily take out any seat brackets, and build the speaker box to hold the seat, instead of seat brackets.