Projector Headlights

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said before, if classic looking projectors were available, I'd buy a set.  I think there are enough people that would, like me, but don't want their money tied up in limbo for something that may or may not be, when it could be used on something else here and now.  The moderns just don't look good, no offense intended.

Matt,

Just wondering... You like some of the 510s (or any car for that matter) with mismatched headlights? Maybe 2 yellow ones and 2 not?

2 clear maybe 2 with star? 2 clear 2 classics? Etc etc.

I think sometimes they look cool. Sometimes not.

Like I said... just wondering what you think.

I think I'm about to have some mismatched.

We'll see how it looks. A lil' ugly is OK by me.

I just don't want it to be butt ugly.

lol

If this is to gauge interest.. that's fine. No items may be sold here unless they physically exist and are available. We've had problems in the past with people taking money for a group buy to get something made and it goes south.... with pissed members.

just a heads up, we dont allow any group buys for a product that hasnt been R&D/produced yet.

just a precaution because plenty of deals have gone south when people preorder and the R&D isnt even there yet much less a prototype and a year+ later theres nothing but excuses....

(not here, other forums. but thats why we have that rule)

make sure you have your R&D done and a functioning prototype thats ready for production before taking any pre orders.

a group buy is fine just as long as the product actually exists :rofl:

your more than welcome to after theres a functioning prototype thats ready for a production run.

Just a reminder to late comers that haven't read the complete post.

Just a reminder to late comers that haven't read the complete post.

Dapper lighting is a stand up company. When the group buy went to hell in a hand basket Ben send me an e mail right away. He gave me the option of another set of lights. And I took him up on it, They shipped right away and everything was in the box like he said. When I had a few questions he replied within minutes. Not days or weeks.

And I understand the rules. The form has to have them, We all know there has been plenty of issues.

Just sayin

Like I said before, if classic looking projectors were available, I'd buy a set.  I think there are enough people that would, like me, but don't want their money tied up in limbo for something that may or may not be, when it could be used on something else here and now.  The moderns just don't look good, no offense intended.

Something like this?

IMG_0120.JPG

I'm not sure why you keep bringing those up?  Most people know about elipsoids, but they're not that great, they're not setup for HIDs, and some people don't want cobbled together parts.

They are hardly ellipsoids at this point...

Plus I know they are crap. Hence why I "upgraded"

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

I would be all over a kit that's plug and play. However, like everyone else here, I would like to see the finished kit installed on a car first to make an aesthetic judgment. The Dime Quarterly review just doesn't cut it. First off, the pictures are way too small to accurately assess the finished product or look. From those small pictures it seems to look as though the lenses bulge out the front which is not a look I would want. I want the same look as the sealed beams but in Halogen. Like the 7inch kits offered. They look awesome.

That caught my eye because I'm always looking for 5 3/4" round headlight options that have high/low beam together. Back in the 1970's when we wanted to customize a quad-light front end with these 5 3/4" lights, we would install motorcycle headlights on the low beam sockets.

That would give us true high and low beam, and free up the other location for something else - or nothing if you wanted that look.

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but thought I'd post here since it's an active discussion

Ever used these or know somebody using them? http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php?cID=123

Spendy, for sure, but it'd be nice to have high and low together so I could run dedicated driving lights... anything to get a leg up on all the damn deer around here.

There were three versions of the prototypes made. (Bi-xenon, Low Beam, High Beam). If you have leads coming out of the projector, they are for bi-xenon and control the solenoid in the projector.

They are DOT projectors at a motorcycle level. It's much more complicated to DOT a set of auto headlamps as opposed to one projector at the motorcycle level.

I have a halogen relay harness coming that will activate all four headlights when you pull the high beams. Should be here in a few months.

I'm very happy with mine they look great at night, the ones I have are the Bi-Xenon thanks for correcting me the worlds never want to come out right.   

Do you have a price in mind on how much the halogen relay harness is gonna go for?

The 7" model for the Z's aren't prototypes anymore. They are in full production.

The relay harness will be around $45-$50.

That cutoff is so sweet.... I want to put those projectors into every kit.

The 7" model for the Z's aren't prototypes anymore. They are in full production.

The relay harness will be around $45-$50.

Oh it's been a while since I seen anything for lights when I had a Z I wanted those.

Not bad, would I have to remove any excisting wires and replays to add these new ones to make the halogens work?