Projector Headlights

Oh it's been a while since I seen anything for lights when I had a Z I wanted those.

Not bad, would I have to remove any excisting wires and replays to add these new ones to make the halogens work?

I have to pull out the diagrams and have a look. I'll get back to you on that. I'm not sure they'd do much. Your high beams now should be pretty good.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why dont the halogens work? They should always work...

Unless the signal to them was HIjacked...

And you dont want HID highs (as in, just high and non Bi-Xenon). HIDs dont like being flashed. And they need a warm up time.

Why dont the halogens work? They should always work...

Unless the signal to them was HIjacked...

And you dont want HID highs (as in, just high and non Bi-Xenon). HIDs dont like being flashed. And they need a warm up time.

I posted pics above, my projectors as Ben1088 corrected me have leads coming out of the projector, they are for bi-xenon and control the solenoid in the projector and the hids are not affected in anyway it works like a flap that gets in the way of the lights when the highs are turned on the thing moves out of the lights way giving more light like a high beam with no change the light admitted.

I posted pics above, my projectors as Ben1088 corrected me have leads coming out of the projector, they are for bi-xenon and control the solenoid in the projector and the hids are not affected in anyway it works like a flap that gets in the way of the lights when the highs are turned on the thing moves out of the lights way giving more light like a high beam with no change the light admitted.

I understand that... I also have Bi-Xenon Projectors... If you remember my thread...

But you mentioned your halogen highs looking all pretty like.... I took that as in they arent working, but maybe you mean they dont put out nearly enough light...

I understand that... I also have Bi-Xenon Projectors... If you remember my thread...

But you mentioned your halogen highs looking all pretty like.... I took that as in they arent working, but maybe you mean they dont put out nearly enough light...

The only lights that work are my prototype projectors they are my low/highs my halogens don't work i'm thinking they were disconnected from the previous owner.  Ben1088 said he has a wire harness and relay that will allow them to turn on when the highs are activated don't know if that will be too much.

And thats why I said what I said. They should always work with your highs, unless someone highjacked the signal to them for the projectors...

In all I have done to my lights on my car, I have never lost the high beams.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey Guys,

I'm back finally. We have 12 sets coming in next week. I've pre-sold about 4 kits already. H3 projectors (low beam only) with halos was the best compromise I could come up with. If these turn out to be popular, we will re-order some more. Prices are great too ~ $100 a set.

Just a heads up, they are around 6" in length. I don't have an exact number yet since I need to measure them with bulbs and all that. But keep that in mind before you place an order...

http://www.dapperlighting.com/products/dapper-lighting-5-75-projector-headlight

Will look like this:

ek0NakN.png

xLfHbrE.jpg

Note: This picture is using an H7 projector with the square version. The 5.75" will use H3 bulbs which put out less light meaning less projected onto the foreground.

pqN7fMi.jpg

Picture of the halo

Honestly for $100, you can't really go wrong. It will be an improvement over stock for sure.

So (since I'm an idiot), just to make sure, the $110 you get projectors that bolt in.

Though since there has been a lot of information thrown around in the thread and I'm a bit lost, was there still plans to come out with a Bi-xenon classic style projectors?

Haha no worries all my threads become 50 pages of TMI.

These should bolt in. Like I said before, they are around 6" long so be aware of that in case you need to trim anything behind your headlights.

Our bi-xenon classic style won't come out for another 6+ months. We've just finished designs and started testing on our updated 7" version. If that is good to go, we will begin the process on the 5-3/4".

Haha no worries all my threads become 50 pages of TMI.

These should bolt in. Like I said before, they are around 6" long so be aware of that in case you need to trim anything behind your headlights.

Our bi-xenon classic style won't come out for another 6+ months. We've just finished designs and started testing on our updated 7" version. If that is good to go, we will begin the process on the 5-3/4".

Sorry I think there was more I meant to type, must have had a brain fart and didn't type it all out lol.   

I've already modified my ride for BMW lights so I'm not to worried about that.  Think I was just checking on what you got, basically for $110 you get everything you need, just not HID lights and ballasts. 

Sweet, thanks for the info on the bi-xenon. 

Sorry I think there was more I meant to type, must have had a brain fart and didn't type it all out lol.   

I've already modified my ride for BMW lights so I'm not to worried about that.  Think I was just checking on what you got, basically for $110 you get everything you need, just not HID lights and ballasts. 

Sweet, thanks for the info on the bi-xenon. 

Haha. Yup housings and wiring harness. Just need some H3 bulbs and ballasts.

• Like 1