1966 Datsun Pickup

chevy2nova

Hello,

I am new to the Forum and to the Datsun world. I have a couple old Chevrolet Nova's and have always been interested in classic cars and trucks. I never really had in interest in old Datsun trucks until I saw a 1966 Datsun truck a couple days ago. It was not for sale so I asked the owner If he would like to sell and he said possibly so. I asked how much and he said $1300. It is a driver. The transmission was just rebuilt. The body is very solid......a few dents and dings. There is some scale rust in the seams where the floor boards meet the firewall. The seam around the exterior top of the cab is not rusted. Truck appears to be solid. Is $1300 a good price? I know nothing about the values of these trucks. I would appreciate any advice/information.

Thank you,

Matt-

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given your location...price seems fair.

This thread is worthless without pics.

Your idea of scale rust is probably way different than the rest of ours.

I'd say get some.

Driver condition 320-don't wait.

Is it a NL320 or L320?

NL-Unified body.

L-Seperate cab and bed.

Thank you for the welcome and response........Ha!, I knew the picture question was going to asked........I will snap some pics tomorrow and post. Its a cool little truck. I have NEVER seen a '66 model. I have been to TONS of car shows over the years and might have noticed a couple '73 datsun trucks but thats it.

Given your location...price seems fair.

This thread is worthless without pics.

Your idea of scale rust is probably way different than the rest of ours.

I'd say get some.

Driver condition 320-don't wait.

Is it a NL320 or L320?

NL-Unified body.

L-Seperate cab and bed.

66 would be a 520 bro ;)

Single headlight I do believe, very cool!!!

HAHA! I was thinking about offering $800 just to see what happens.

To find a single headlight 520 is gettin pretty hard to do. To find a decent Datsun in your area is pretty hard to do. To find a single headlight 520 in your area that actually runs?? Well thats pretty f*&kin special!!!!!!

Guest 510kamikazifreak

AND since they were mentioned in the first sentence you will also be required to post pictures of the Novas ...Per the rules

I agree with this statement...

have a soft spot for 65 novas,had a 2dr ht 283 car about 15 years ago

• Like 1

I agree that $1,300.00 is not chump change, but I wonder how many of them you have seen in your area, i'll bet not many if any at all.

If it runs and drives, and has no real rust issues, and it is all there, it's probably worth the $1,300. dollars, I paid $800.00 for mine and it didn't run or drive, but it has no real rust issues, and it did not have the grill either.

This is what I bought.

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0400.jpg

I am trying to post the pics of the '66 520......I have no idea how. I downloaded the pics in PHOTOBUCKET.........now what do I do?

OK, lets do one photo first, put your curser over the photo you want to post in your photo bucket acct, a series of boxes will appear, click on the bottom one that says IMG, it should say copied, then go to your reply post, left click in the field, right click and paste. Try that first, then I will explain how to post more than one photo.