New engine

Kleen 72

Hey I am new to this I am looking for a Carburator for my 72 521 pickup ... And need some pointers I have 2 options I have a inline 6 from a sevendi something 280z with dual carbs with 5 speed trany and I have a 2002 5.3 vortec motor need tranny but I like the idea of not having to deal with Carburator problems but still un decided so if any has done any of those swaps or has some pointers that will be helpfull thanks

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

either one will require alot of fab work, probably moving the fire wall. but if your perpared to to do that, then keep it datsun/nissan. if your not so hot on your fab skills, id go with an L20b and 5 speed. i love mine :)

edit:

L20b+5 speed+EFI=ftw

Edited by jon521

What di they come of off so I can look in too it

240SX. 89-94

The KA24 came in two variants. The KA24E which is a SOHC and the KA24DE which is DOHC. They are directly related to the L series motor.

Just remember, it's not a bolt in swap. There's a lot to consider when planning a swap. This motor produces over TWICE the power of the original motor. Bigger brakes, tougher suspension, proper tires are all factors that come into play. It is a heavier engine.

Edited by metalmonkey47
  • Like 1

Dude search is your friend! Lots of swaps have been done and lots of info out there. Wide motors can be tough in a 521 because of the torsion bars. You want the easiest solution? L20B or LZ22. Don't even have to change the motor mounts. Have to cut and reweld the trans crossmember though if you want a 5-speed. And most likely the drive shaft will have to be modified.

The problem with the 'free' motor is that it will cost you just as much as an engine that already fits in the end to cut al the metal and move stuff to get it in there.

But I'd stop asking questions and start searching! Then come back when and ask questions once you've done some learning on the subject. You can search ratsun better by starting your google search with site:ratsun.net

Google Bob's MX520 if you really want to see something cool!