'67 Keep or Part out?

fj40dave

Keep or Part Out?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth the time and expen$e to keep, or would it better serve other 520 owners by being a donor?

• Keep
    • Part Out

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That frame looks pretty good to me, probably all surface rust. Scrape it in a few of the worst looking places with a screw driver. If the rust flakes off your good (surface rust), if the screwdriver goes through you might have some problems (cancer).

Like I said though, looks pretty good from the pic. :)

Edit: The floors on these trucks always tend to get a bit rusty, so a small hole here and there is not a big deal. Even if the whole floor pan is gone it can be replaced with new sheet metal ;)

• Like 1

Almost every part you need for your brakes can be found here..and pretty cheap to boot

http://www.rockauto....ramecatalog.php

And use these codes to get 5% off total price...Put code into " where did you hear about us " box

http://community.rat...es/page__st__80

I'm going to go ahead and get it running and go from there.....it will be a while before I start the project though, I'm putting a 1.6L NA Diesel motor back together and into a '81 Dasher at the moment, then probably going to take the 5.7L TBI out of the '93 Caprice I have (former cop car - 9C1) and put it in my '73 FJ40.....that should keep me busy until next fall. (the FJ40 project includes new brakes/steering column-box, tube fenders, and a bunch of other stuff....

For now, I lurk-n-lern! :)

Oh ya.....and I gotta throw in some work and motorcycle riding since Summer's comin!

• 1 month later...

OK...came to a conclusion that I'm not going to get this project off the ground any time soon.

Putting the 520 up for sale in the classifieds - $400 - it's what I have into it. Thought about just chopping off the bed and making a trailer out of it since I have a tailgate now....maybe still an option, who knows.