'67 Keep or Part out?

fj40dave

Keep or Part Out?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Is it worth the time and expen$e to keep, or would it better serve other 520 owners by being a donor?

• Keep
    • Part Out

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

67 520 still had the metal dash top correct?

If it has the metal dash it would be a toss up as to whether to part or not as I would love the metal dash, but the truck looks decent and would be a shame not to save it and rebuild it. If the frame is rotted out then part the truck if it is just surface rust save it.

67 520 still had the metal dash top correct?

If it has the metal dash it would be a toss up as to whether to part or not as I would love the metal dash, but the truck looks decent and would be a shame not to save it and rebuild it. If the frame is rotted out then part the truck if it is just surface rust save it.

dibs on the metal dash if you part it out - please PM me

get in line :P

Get the brakes figured out and vote for the DatDougs meets to be in Port Orchard you`ll be grinning all the way there..

The thing that most people don`t like about these old trucks.. doesn`t even come into play where you live cuz you would have to drive 45 minutes in either direction to even get to road that is over 55 mph..

• Like 1

Any history?

I only know it was owned by a couple that lived on Guemes Island, WA (the island is North of Anacortes)

The gentleman recently died, and the estate clearing guy had posted it on CL.

Have all the drive train?

Yes....the estate guy said he's got it running using a siphon fuel feed system (didn't trust the fuel in the tank)....but the battery cable(s) are pretty shot, so we never got it turned over when I was there - and I haven't yet tried here at home.

Does it run?

[see above]

How long since last run?

Unknown exactly.....I think about a month ago.

All glass in it?

Yes, however the front windshield has a crack....need one of those, and new seals all around the glass(s).

Frame rotted?

Haven't looked carefully, but there is a lot of obvious surface rust on frame and leaf springs.

Floors rotted?

Found some today......hole on drivers side....passengers intact, but needs attention. Drain plugs have been removed.

Anything else other than a small picture?

Got some help getting some pictures posted today...Thanks again!

Is the plastic on the front and back signal lights OK?

Front right is broke and rear right is broke as well.

It sounds like I better start figuring out where to find some parts for this 520! Everyone wants to see it go down the road under it's own power (including me)...

Suggestions?

I know brake assembly parts will be first.

You must enter a post.

I keep getting this stupid pink shaded bulletin when I try and post --- ugh!

When?? and what are you trying to post??

Were here for ya bro..dont give up im an old dude to and i learned ( most ) of it from people on here.

click reply at bottom of page

Open photo bucket as another tab so you can cycle between the two.. (ratsun,&,bucket )

then click albums so there`s all the pictures are shown

then just run the mouse over picture you want and it will have a drop down ( or up ) menu

then click the tab that has ( img ) and copy it

bring over to Ratsun and paste in reply

it should work..

Not trying to sound condescending but not sure how much you know cuz it took me a crap load of times to get it right..

click reply at bottom of page

Open photo bucket as another tab so you can cycle between the two.. (ratsun,&,bucket )

then click albums so there`s all the pictures are shown

then just run the mouse over picture you want and it will have a drop down ( or up ) menu

then click the tab that has ( img ) and copy it

bring over to Ratsun and paste in reply

it should work..

Not trying to sound condescending but not sure how much you know cuz it took me a crap load of times to get it right..

IMAG1173.jpg