Twin 521's found...looks like a good project : )

71Stroker

Been looking around for a new project to jump into, and found 2 521's stashed by this old guy who had planned on combining them to make 1 good truck...

Im seeing 2 decent but somewhat rough trucks here, the body's are decent, the interiors are beatup ( meaning dash top, flooring, door panels, headliner )the motors are

original L16's w/ 4 speeds, one he claims is rebuilt but has been sitting for a long time...the other is moved around his property once and a while but has a more worn

motor..but recent brakes, and tuneup. the one thats been sitting has been sitting for about 10 years...so it'll need a complete going thru...he says he bought this one

for the rebuilt engine it had and planned on swapping the motor to his driver. but he is old, his eyesight is gone, hasnt driven in 3 years now..he wants $1500 for both

trucks.. as is..im really thinking about grabbing these...here are some picks of 1 of them...sorry i dont have pics of the other one...but it is in slightly better

shape on the body, but the interior is a bit worse and has not been started in years..

what do you 521 guys think???

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

they aren't in your driveway yet? why??

Yea you guys are right ....I need to grab these before someone else does....

I guess I was hoping to talk him down in price but he's firm on 1500.

at least im setup for doing landscaping or construction work in the 1 truck if need be :) ( comes with the cool rack )

Been looking around for a new project to jump into, and found 2 521's stashed by this old guy who had planned on combining them to make 1 good truck...

Im seeing 2 decent but somewhat rough trucks here, the body's are decent, the interiors are beatup ( meaning dash top, flooring, door panels, headliner )the motors are

original L16's w/ 4 speeds, one he claims is rebuilt but has been sitting for a long time...the other is moved around his property once and a while but has a more worn

motor..but recent brakes, and tuneup. the one thats been sitting has been sitting for about 10 years...so it'll need a complete going thru...he says he bought this one

for the rebuilt engine it had and planned on swapping the motor to his driver. but he is old, his eyesight is gone, hasnt driven in 3 years now..he wants $1500 for both

trucks.. as is..im really thinking about grabbing these...here are some picks of 1 of them...sorry i dont have pics of the other one...but it is in slightly better

shape on the body, but the interior is a bit worse and has not been started in years..

what do you 521 guys think???

IMAG0373.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

if this is the worst of the two i'd get 'em in a heartbeat. Not sure where u are but here in CA 1500 for 2 complete 521's is a great deal. Get 'em!!!

if this is the worst of the two i'd get 'em in a heartbeat. Not sure where u are but here in CA 1500 for 2 complete 521's is a great deal. Get 'em!!!

Thats what im thinking too...im here in So Cal..

I talked to the owner again tonight and told him I would take the trucks...we have a meeting for tomarrow AM to close the deal, then i'll get the trucks over this weekend and snap some more pics for everyone. even though the guy says the truck in the pics is the better of the 2 , I like the one you have not seen yet..its red,

and looks to have been lowered a bit already, ( he bought it from a younger guy a couple years back. ) it has a straighter body, but has been sitting longer...

I cant wait to get my hands on them grrrr

Well do you own them yet?

Well....not yet..I went over friday to make the deal with the old guys wife, and she didnt bring the titles with her to work ( i met at her office )

because the guy is older and seems to be in fragile health, ive been dealing with her mostly, they have a business, that she is very active in from open till closing,

and the guy only comes in once and awhile. she was supposed to talk to her husband for the titles friday night, and we would do the deal today, but then I got a call this morning from her, and she is having an employee theft problem and didnt get to the paperwork last nite. so, im waiting...probably until monday or tuesday when she gets this employee thing resolved. ( im aching to get my hands on them too...) sigh...i'll let ya'all know soon as I have them.

Well....not yet..I went over friday to make the deal with the old guys wife, and she didnt bring the titles with her to work ( i met at her office )

because the guy is older and seems to be in fragile health, ive been dealing with her mostly, they have a business, that she is very active in from open till closing,

and the guy only comes in once and awhile. she was supposed to talk to her husband for the titles friday night, and we would do the deal today, but then I got a call this morning from her, and she is having an employee theft problem and didnt get to the paperwork last nite. so, im waiting...probably until monday or tuesday when she gets this employee thing resolved. ( im aching to get my hands on them too...) sigh...i'll let ya'all know soon as I have them.

It will all work out there as good as yours already.

Great deal...like they said 2 for $1500 is a steal...either way if you only want one im sure someone here wants the other...good luckbiggrin.gif

yea thats what I was thinking, i'll get em both over here, give them the "once over" fluids, tuning, carbs, etc and keep 1 and offer up the 2nd one most likely.

definitely want to keep it in the "family" one way or the other.