L4 Fuel Injection

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The patton machine version is coool, but it is very very expensive ...its really designed for british car guys who don't want to give up the look of SU's or strombergs under the hood. Its designer fuel injection... You're paying as much for style as you are for function.

Here at Ratsun, we pay for function, but we rattlecan our style.tongue.gif

If you are going to make a manifold for the L20B/L18/L16, most guys use the S110 ECU. They come with either O2 sensor (1982-1983) or without (1980-1981).

Guys have used S110 ECU successfully with these manifold/factory EFI setup for 1200cc-2200cc Datsun engines.

Yeah....I'm using one on a Z24...works rather well.

Just had to re-adjust the clock/spring a bit for less tension/more fuel

Yep, that ECU can and has powered many old-school Datsun engines.

Yeah...I'm impressed with that EFI.

30 below...and if the battery isn't dead the Z24E will flash right up :D ...and idle by itself within a couple of minutes.

Of course that's with no air regulator/choke.... :cool:

Just wondering how an'84 200SX, CA20E equipt, ECU would work out for this? I have one sitting in my garage. Personally, I like the idea of having the O2 sensor in the system. What's the point of having EFI if it doesn't do what it was intended for?

Just wondering how an'84 200SX, CA20E equipt, ECU would work out for this? I have one sitting in my garage. Personally, I like the idea of having the O2 sensor in the system. What's the point of having EFI if it doesn't do what it was intended for?

I think it would work well. One of the threads linked to earlier, Icehouse mentions that (at least the KA ECU) only reads a few things, "Air volume, air temp, engine temp, throttle posistion. And rpm. Nothing about displacment." And the same thread is where the KA dizzy was attached to the L20 cover.

I then wonder how similar the CA dizzy(?) is and if you can swap over the encoder wheel thingy. I know I saw a thread of FJ and SR wheels being swapped, or some other motors, I dont remember.

Jeff built my manifold from scratch and i cant thank him enough.(google daves datsun 510) Im shur there's a different way to bring it up

that would be this one right

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/4574-daves-datsun-510/page__p__59953__hl__%2B+%2Bdaves+%2Bdatsun+%2B510__fromsearch__1?do=findComment&comment=59953

The purpose of EFI is not to read an O2 sensor. Datsun made lots of EFI system without O2 sensor. But certainly the closed loop system can fine-tune the engine while it is running so it is better.

The problem with the new ECUs is they use a cam position sensor (mid-80s ones fit it into 360-degree sensor wheel in the distributor). Datsun engines didn't have such a thing.

174_4c7f162a50005.jpg

Get that 510?

If you did the 200sx is the best parts rig,brakes, efi stuff, if it happens to be a z20e in canada should have the matchbox dizzy.

the guy who owns the 510 is in Vancouver and I have emailed him a few times about paying and getting a bill of sale but no response