L4 Fuel Injection

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but you could buy a whole nother datsun for how much one conversion kit costs and that intails that you have su' style carbs already but i do like that it looks vintage still as well as making turbo/ supercharging easier

Yup....I like..(less the expense)......Merlin posted that link/company a while back in another thread.

There's another company that does the ITB's too, but the name escapes me right now. Price is similar to the ones posted above, and I believe they use a weber side draft manifold.

TWM makes ITB's that bolt up to weber manifolds, they are pretty nice. You could always graft together a 280zx (Specifically this one because it's webbed it gives some rigidity and makes it easier to line up when welding the SU manifold to it) fuel injection manifold with a SU manifold and modifiy some throttle bodies onto it and use megasquirt sort of like this.

http://forums.hybrid...anifold-update/

I dont know what changed, but I went from thinking this looked difficult to thinking it looked easy.

I liked the direction of the Ghetto EFI, but instead of trying to get the 280 manifold to work, I would just use the "feet" and make a new manifold. I also like the idea of using the KA stuff (ECU, dist, sensors). It seems like it should work. Need to make a manifold, fuel rail, upgrade the fuel system accordingly, attach all the sensors and the Distributor. Also get an O2 sensor added to the exhaust.

I wonder if the KAe ECU is too wrong though. Maybe a NA SR or CA ECU would do better.

If you are going to make a manifold for the L20B/L18/L16, most guys use the S110 ECU. They come with either O2 sensor (1982-1983) or without (1980-1981).

Trying to avoid that one. Not the easiest thing to find. I would probably go Megasquirt before the S110 ECU.

Yea, I think at this point Im pretty resolute about not using it. Also you say not rare, I say I dont think I have ever seen a running S110, or one in a junkyard in my life.

I think I should move to your town, your junkyards always seem to have the cars I want...

If you are going to make a manifold for the L20B/L18/L16, most guys use the S110 ECU. They come with either O2 sensor (1982-1983) or without (1980-1981).

Guys have used S110 ECU successfully with these manifold/factory EFI setup for 1200cc-2200cc Datsun engines.

So this S110 is a 200SX, correct? I pulled a engine bay/ECU wiring harness out of a 1980 200SX a long time ago, I got all I could out from under the dash, seemed like there were 3 wires coming off the ECU that went into the dash I cut, otherwise I got everything that connected to the engine and engine accessories, I also snagged the ECU itself. Seemed like it had the O2 senser though, there was a lot of crap in that harness that I couldn't figure out what it did.

A good deal. Megasquirt starts at $200 and so the manifolds in Japan start at $200.

Aftermarket EFI throttle bodies are even more.

You could always take a 280zx manifold take some 90's maxima throttle bodies weld it together and bam cheap ITB's If my friend keeps his 510 I plan on convincing him to let me build a manifold for him and megasquirt his l20b

The maxima throttle body has 2 throttle plates and I think they are 45mm

A good deal. Megasquirt starts at $200 and so the manifolds in Japan start at $200.

Aftermarket EFI throttle bodies are even more.

I am wondering if it is a Ratsun member that got it.

I also wasn't going to get in a bidding war, I decided to bid $450.00 with shipping, and walked away, the last half minute is when it was taken away from me, I'm not the type to submit my bid in the last 5 seconds, I usually bid when there is a couple minutes left, and let others decide if they want it more.

I did win a new SD25 crate engine a couple years ago though, I usually don't win a lot.