L4 Fuel Injection

Late lastnight I ran across a forum where a guy modified an N42 Intake from and L6 to fit an L4. Like the dummy I am I forgot to favourite the forum thread, I have googled it for the past couple hours but can't find it again. I did save the pics though hopfully they can help me find the forum thread. I kinda want to read the thread when I am more awake, I do remember icehouse posting in it.

here is what he started with

n42-2.jpg

n42.jpg

and these pics were also in the thread

EFZ_pa230002.jpg

5EF_pa230001.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, y'all forgot my thread! :D Let me go find it.

Here it is: http://community.ratsun.net/topic/22074-510-l20b-efi-conversion-the-project-is-finished/

The above looks like a factory L18 EFI manifold. Note, necking down a 280z intake works fine, but sucks for flow on top end. Intake runners are too small. I'm addressing that with the next gen manifold Joe built for me.

n42-2.jpg

EFZ_pa230002.jpg

Nice welds .... :cool: ... . . . it's cool how there's casting marks where there should be welds .. . . . probably because it wasn't ever a 6cyl manifold.... :rolleyes:

ya now that you draw my attention to it and me doing a bit more research (rereading http://ddgonzal.members.winisp.net/nwde/4586.htm ) while a bit more awake L18e manifold right

Factory injection manis like that were available in japan for Nissan 4 bangers going back to the late 60's.. we got stuck with carbs because it was cheaper... Japan actually cracked down on smog before cali really did, hence EFI.

You mean going back to 1972?

They used a license for Bosch Jetronic, so it was good stuff made by Hitachi. Far better than a Weber 32/36, better than twin Hitachi/SU, and similar to twin sidedrafts. Tuned-port runners, ITB, and port injection. Just like modern performance EFI. It wasn't sequential injection, but that makes almost no difference anyways.

It's what the 1975 Datsun 280Z fuel-injection models used.

meant to say late 70's... that mani troy is selling could be off an l18 or l20b from certain JDM cars 1977 on... have seen a prototype looking one on a l16 or l18 pic from 1970 or 71. there are lots of L series efi options ... hell a guy on Van Isle was casting his own manis i think... check the510realm.com