521 rear view mirror

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I use a GM one that glues to the windshield, has the day/night feature and electrical wires so the map reading lights on the bottom will also come on when the door is opened. It lights up the front foot wells much better than the rear stock interior one does and the mirror is a bit wider too.

Hey mike,

I know it won't attract purists but I love it. Looks like any other mirror on the road and blends in. Best of all it has two map? reading lights that light the front of the seats and footwells but don't shine in your eyes. The door switches can be used to turn them on as well. The 521 and 620 interior lights are pathetic and I dont think they have day/night mirrors so this is a nice practical upgrade.

I use a GM one that glues to the windshield, has the day/night feature and electrical wires so the map reading lights on the bottom will also come on when the door is opened. It lights up the front foot wells much better than the rear stock interior one does and the mirror is a bit wider too.

hi there how did u keep it from not getting hot from the sun and sliding or falling off when the windshield got to hot from the sun ps did that on my s10 truck would not stick so sold the truck

We just followed the directions and it's never come off.....well...actually, it did once....got knocked off. Actually took a piece of the windshield with it. Glued it back on.....that was almost a year ago....I broke it just before Canby last year.

That stuf really sticks! I've chipped them off before with a screwdriver and had a hunk of glass the size of Liz Taylor's dinner ring on it.

The trick is to get the glass really clean and follow the instructions. And get the more expensive stuff.

there is one down at pull-a-part right now the back is a little scratched up as are all of them. personally i would stay with the stock one and there everywhere very easy to find. unless you want a mint original. the last new one on ebay went for $105. the one at pull-a-part is $1.50 if its still there next time i go i'll get it for you if you still need it. $3-5 to ship depending where you live.

521 mirror $105 1-07_thumb.JPG

there is one down at pull-a-part right now the back is a little scratched up as are all of them. personally i would stay with the stock one and there everywhere very easy to find. unless you want a mint original. the last new one on ebay went for $105. the one at pull-a-part is $1.50 if its still there next time i go i'll get it for you if you still need it. $3-5 to ship depending where you live.
hi there what pull a part are talking about please let me know thx steve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.